Pyrrhon

Edit (12/8/19): Excuse me but why the fuck is Detroit Become Human in the similar stories section, what even is it???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three angels remained. But they were all ready.

Venom and vengeance coursed through Dark Pit's veins, his eyes glowing a bloody red as they inched closer to the sun god. The evil, killer god driven by bloodlust and power who had ordered his troops to brutally kill Markus. He didn't know why or how, but Dark Pit had the worst hunch that Pyrrhon was responsible for the attack. The terrible feeling crawled on his back and wings with ugly, scattering legs and nagged him relentlessly throughout his mind. It was a logical answer anyway; from killing a powerful angel and adding him to the Aurum army came high power. The Claxises didn't stab Markus and kill him instantly; they sliced off his wings. Why wouldn't they kill him directly when they had the chance so they could make the team weaker? They must have wanted to destroy his wings and angelic soul instead so they could possess the angel for their own and add him to the army, and Markus was very powerful and skilled in battle. It wouldn't be a pretty fight. Nevertheless, whoever was responsible for the attack, or whatever reason they did it, Dark Pit was ready to get revenge on Pyrrhon and the Aurum for killing someone who just wanted a better life.

The entire rest of the journey to the Aurum brain was silent and solemn. Not even any enemies appeared in front of the path. Perhaps they were also mourning Markus's death?

Nah.

Pit was still wondering if Ivy was at her turning point for their rivalry. Maybe she was done with the fighting and arguing. If she was, Pit was ready to stop, too. It was stupid and pointless, and Markus never wanted his two friends to fight. Not only were they stopping for their deceased friend, but they were putting their differences aside for the better. He looked over at the lavender winged girl, her cyan eyes immediately meeting Pit's. They just stared at each other silently, not glaring or anything. Their faces held frowns and somber eyes. Their faces spoke the words for them--they knew it was time to get along, especially after what had happened.

The maze had finally ended, and along with the path they had taken were four other paths entering back into the maze. Before them stood a twisting green and pixelated vortex of some sort, but they didn't know what exactly it was supposed to be called.

"This is it," Pittoo said, grasping his silver bow tightly as he was preparing for a brutal battle. "This is the way to the Aurum brain. Are you guys ready?"

"I'm ready," Ivy said quietly.

"For Markus," Pit whispered.

Ivy couldn't take it anymore. "I'm sorry, Pit. I didn't mean any of this. I was a total asshole, and you didn't deserve it. You really work hard for the army." Ivy's heart panged with icicles as a huge tsunami of guilt finally washed over her for hurting Pit all these years. "I ain't too fond of the way you think, but I'll learn to respect you."

Pit's eyes widened a bit as his face brightened with shock, but slowly melted away as a warm smile spread across his face.

"Thank you, Ivy." He looked back at the curly haired angel. "I'm sorry, too."

"Alright, you two," Pittoo interrupted with a smile. "Great speech, Ivy, but let's stop being saps for a second and get in there."

~

An evil yet idiotic laugh echoed throughout the room where the Aurum brain dwelled, and Pyrrhon gained visibility next to the Aurum brain. His strong frame glowed a blazing red as the jagged veins in his arms and legs bled a bright yellow. It seemed the sun god was still somewhat being controlled by the Aurum brain, seeing as his once electric green eyes still shone a vivid blue. An Aurum symbol that the team didn't know what marked Pyrrhon's chest with a blinding white color. His body was still aflame, showing he was mostly in control of himself. Looking at the twisted grin on his face, it was no doubt that he was in control as he killed Markus.