Chapter 1: Plans

-Alexis's POV-

I woke up in mine and Roy's bed, I looked over to my right to see Roy has already left, I knew he left to go to work. I sighed and stretched getting out of bed, I yawned as I walked out of the bedroom and walked downstairs to the living room. "Hi mom" Brittany said watching me come down the stairs, I waved at her and said "Hi honey". I walked into the kitchen yawning once again, I made coffee for myself and walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. I sat down on the couch next to Brittany and saw that she was playing her favorite game, Dance Dance Revolution. I looked at her and soon saw the controller in her hands, she was playing Dance Dance Revolution with the controller. (You can play Dance Dance Revolution with the controller too, you don't have to just play the game with the mat) "Where's dad?" she asked me while her eyes were glued to the tv screen. "He's at work" I said taking a sip of my coffee, "Really? I thought he had today off" she said looking for a new song to play. I shook my head no and said, "No, but he does work a lot" I said sighing. I very rarely get to see my husband , and Brittany rarely gets to see her father. "Mom?" Brittany asked, getting my attention on her again. "What's wrong?" She asked me looking up at me. I sighed, "It's just, we rarely ever get to see your father," I said knowing that she noticed I was upset about not seeing him often. "I know, it makes me upset too, but he has a job, he is in the military, mom" she said. I smiled at how calm she was about not seeing her father a lot.

"I know, but I just wish he could take some time off work and spend some time with us" I said looking back at the tv. "I know, I wish he did too" Brittany said and I smiled a little. "Do you miss your father not being home?" I asked, still with a smile on my face. I saw her nod out of the corner of my eye and she started to play her game again, "Yea, I do miss him" she said sighing at the end, the phone started ringing and I got up, I put my coffee on the table beside the couch and walked over to the phone. I picked it up in my hands and noticed the called I.D, I silently begun laughing at who it was, "Mom? Who is it?" Britt asked still having her eye's glued to the screen once more. "It's Hughes" I said laughing a little at the end, I could hear Brittany laughing as well. I picked up the phone and said "Hello?" "ALEXIS!!!!!" Hughes screamed through the phone, I held the phone away from my ear and started laughing at him again. All of sudden I could hear something like a beeping noise. Soon, it was silent where Brittany was, I looked over at her "NOOOOO!!!!!" she started yelling, I gave her a confused look even though she could not see me, she was facing the tv. I looked at the tv and saw that it said that she had failed the song, I got at what she was yelling at and begun talking to Hughes again. "Hi Hughes" I said and he quickly answered me back. "What are you up to?" he asked, I shrugged and said "Nothing, just woke up" I could then hear laughing coming from the other side of the phone, "Oh" he said. "Hughes, is Roy alright?" I asked being a curious worried wife, "Yes Alexis, he is alright" Hughes said and I let out a breath I was holding in. Soon I could hear laughing at the other end of the line, I was confused once more. "Hang on Alexis" he said and I heard the phone being handed off to someone, "Hi darling" Roy said and I smiled really big at his voice.  "Hi Sweety" I said still smiling. "What's going on?" He asked and I shrugged even though he could not see. "N-" I was cut off by the sound of fake crying and banging on the floor. I looked over the couch at my daughter and saw that she was face first on the floor. She was "crying" and banging her hands curled up into fists on the floor, once again yelling "NOOOOOOO!!!!" I walked out of the living room and sighed. "What's wrong Alexis?" Roy asked being a worried husband. "Brittany's playing her Dance Dance Revolution and she is screaming while crying and banging on the floor with her fists." I said and I could hear Roy laugh. I blushed at his laugh, oh how I missed it. "Did it say anything on the screen?" He asked and I said "Yes, it said that she failed" and then, after I was done saying that, I could hear him laughing again.I smiled and he said "Do you know what caused her to fail?" "Nope" I said "but she started crying and banging her fists on the floor when Hughes screamed my name." I said laughing this time.