Jealous

Monday morning.

I woke up and the first thing that came to my mind was the kiss. I smiled at the thought of it, it was really special but then, I realized that I was alone in my bed.

I sat up then saw a note from Tiffany on the nightstand, she noted "I will meet a friend at school, see you in class Taetae xoxo"

She has a friend here? I didn't know that, she never mentioned it. Well, that "xoxo" energized me. Hugs and kisses.

I prepared myself for school and saw a bunch of new clothes in my cabinet, there were new shoes too. I knew that it was Tiffany who did this and she knew my style.

After that I went to the campus.

I'm walking in the hallway when someone suddenly walked with me, I turned to her and saw a smiling Seolhyun.

"Hi! Good morning Taeyeon," she sweetly greeted.

"Hey, good morning Seolhyun," I smiled back at her.

While walking to our classroom, I see a lot of students are staring at me. It's weird because they're giving me attention. It makes me feel conscious to myself. Is there something wrong with me? What did I do? I don't want their attention, it's kinda uncomfortable.

"It's obvious that many students like your new style Taeyeon," Seolhyun said as she looked up and down to me checking me out. "You're really beautiful."

I bowed my head and blushed "Thank you." I muttered.

"You're welcome, I'm just appreciating your beauty because it's conspicuous," she winked at me.

Ehh? Seolhyun is being playful now huh?

"And I'm glad that you accepted the compliment. That's good," she added. "Just be confident and believe in yourself Taeyeon."

Believe in myself? Duh... Why should I? I have nothing to be confident about. I'm not beautiful. People call me weirdo or nerd and I think I am.

And since that I knew that Gran is a witch, I guess, we're really different from them.

"Taeyeon, be yourself and trust who you really are. Don't listen to others who define you because it's you who really know who you are," she firmly said.

We both stopped in front of our classroom door.

I stared at her intently trying to read her and she gazed back at me. I don't know, I think she wants to say something but she's reluctant about it.

She smiled "I remember this quote from my favorite writer, she said that No one knows me more than I know myself. Indeed, I agree because it's your life. You have the full control of it. And if you let other people define you, it becomes you. You believe them and you become what you think you are."

Seolhyun nervously giggled as she scratched the tip of her nose "Sorry for babbling," she murmured.

She has a point, this is my life. I didn't realize that until now. That's pathetic because all my life I believed in what people told me. I let them judged me.

"Thank you Seolhyun," I genuinely said as I held her arm. I smiled appreciating her concern.

"Um... Taeyeon?" Seolhyun asked as I saw her swallowed. She looked really nervous.

"Are you okay?" I asked a bit worried.

She nodded "I just... I just want to ask you... later... to have dinner?" She gabbled.