Helping Her

I cried until I couldn't breathe from exhaustion. Fuck this unrequited love, it hurts more than a breakup but how would I know? I've never been in a relationship. 

This is really hard because even if Tiffany rejected me, I still love her. I don't think that I can move on fast from this heartbreak.

But I don't regret loving Tiffany because she gives me a lot of positive emotions. It feels good.

Yeah, she hurt me because of the rejection but I'm sure it's not her intention. I'm at fault, not her.

It hurts so freaking much that all I can do is to cry. The pain becomes severe and I just want to shut myself out from the world.

But I will not do that.

I don't want Tiffany to blame herself because of my misery.

If I really want to help, I should find someone to love. It's not easy to open up my heart again but I will do it for her and for myself.

Since I have this little crush on Seolhyun, why not give her a chance? Who am I to reject her? Everyone likes her and I'm so lucky.

I'm on the rooftop, my favorite place. I'm sitting at the side of the door leaning my back on the wall.

I'm waiting for Seolhyun. I asked her to come, I need someone to accompany me. I need a distraction from this pain. I need a friend.

Then my phone vibrated in my pocket, I took it then saw Gran was calling.

I exhaled and prepared myself then I answered it.

"Hello Gran!" I greeted giddily. Too giddy, too fake. I hope she didn't notice it.

"Taeng, how are you?"

"I'm fine Gran, just kinda busy with school stuffs." Which is not a lie. "How 'bout you?"

"Good, I'm fine too. By the way, how's the pet? How is she?"

"Ohh Tiffany? She's doing fine." I bit my lower lip.

"Do you like my gift? Is she behaving good?"

"I like Tiffany and she's doing great. She's my friend Gran," I sincerely said.

I could sense that she was nodding her head "Very well. You know I only called to know if she's doing fine"

"Ouch. You're mean Gran! You didn't miss me huh?" I playfully joked.

I heard Gran laughed "Yes I don't miss you. You take care of yourself Taeyeon. I love you."

"I love you too Gran and I miss you."

"I always miss you my baby. Gotta go now. If you need help, just call me huh? Bye."

"Bye Gran," then she hang up.

Just a quick call. Is she monitoring Tiffany's behavior? Whatever. I just shrugged it off. She was her pet after all. Maybe she misses Tiffany.

I put my phone back into my pocket. I feel a little better hearing Gran. I miss her so much.

Then suddenly the door swung opened, I turned and saw Seolhyun with her dazzling smile.

"Sorry, I'm late. I had to finish the report and pass it," she reasoned as she panted.

"It's okay. Come sit here," I tapped the floor next to me.

"Sure thanks," she sat next to me.

She took two soda cans from her bag and placed it in front of us.