prologue

"Mommy! Let's buy that toy!" A kid tugged on his mom's shirt while pointing at a huge bear hanging on the toy shop's glass window.

I looked to where he is pointing and saw the same bear Hyeongjun asked me to buy, which I was never able to.

The lady smiled at her son and they went in together.

I felt more lost by the sight of them.

I wish I was able to make the kids smile and enjoy their youth. I wish I was a better mom.

Now, they're gonna be in someone else's care and I won't even be able to take them back sooner.

Wait for me, my lovely boys. No one can take us apart from each other.

"Stop right there!"

I snapped back to reality when a loud yell rang into my ears.

Just then, a sprinting man pushed me as he took the pouch I'm holding.

I got some scratches on my palm and elbow but I managed to chase him.

That money is so important!

We passed through crowds and pushed some people too. There were others who attempted to grab him but he was holding a gun.

We reached an empty street so I was able to ran as fast as I could with my hand reached out to grab him.

And when I did, I immediately punched him on the face, sending him down the ground.

I grabbed the pouch and checked the money inside it.

Thank heavens it's still complete. Oh, God. It's another trouble if I lose this.

Relieved, it felt as if nothing happened so I took a step to get back home. But as I turned around, a fine young man was facing me.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded as an answer. Then he quickly took out a handcuff and arrested the thief.

He stood holding the guy on his arms. He doesn't look like a police to me, given that he's not wearing a uniform. Maybe someone higher?

"Ma'am. I'd like to invite you to the police station for your statement. That will really help."

He looks so tall and handsome. I wonder how old is he and if he has someone special---

Wait, what?

I erased the random thought in my head with my brows furrowed. He noticed it, I guess.

"Ma'am?"

Speechless, I nodded and he dragged the guy with him.

The policemen came and took the handcuffed man in their patrol car. This tall guy looked back at me with a smile on his innocent face.

It kinda took seconds for me to watch the things he does.

Then a police officer came to me and told me to come with them too. I politely agreed but I couldn't seem to get my eyes from that person.

Just like a guy I dreamed to marry... Just like a guy the kids wanted to call as their 'dad'.

But wake up, Gaea Lee.

As if someone will risk to become stupid on marrying you.

A woman with three kids and multiple unstable jobs?!

Dream on. :)