twelve

there was a continuous knocking on the door while i was in the kitchen. i couldn't open it immediately since i was busy preparing some meal.

i hurried to the door while wiping my wet hands on the apron i am wearing.

as soon as i opened it, i couldn't help but frown. my shoulders dropped as the person smiled.

how did he...

"how have you been... gaea?" heejun smiled annoyingly.

i was about to slam the door shut when he prevented it by leaning on the door.

"how did you find me here?" i asked nonchalantly.

"did you think i would stop going to their school?" he smiled.

"leave." i firmly said.

"no," in a brief moment he called someone from behind and appeared a man dressed in a formal attire. he looks like he's in his mid 30s. "i have something to discuss with you."

heejun stood in front of me with much assurance on his face.

i haven't been scared like now.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

"what do you mean take them?" i yelled in anger. heejun got his lawyer just to threaten me.

"they're my sons. even if hyeongjun is the only blood-related, hyokyung is still my wife. that makes her kids my kids." he explained.

everything he says are lies to me. even when he pleads.

"didn't you divorce her?"

"no. that didn't happen since she passed away." he crossed his arms as he leaned on the couch.

they didn't divorce? but i thought...

"that's true. after the death of the custodial parent, the surviving parent will be considered the child's natural guardian. another thing, they didn't get to divorce after ms. nam's passing, and actually, the children's surnames were ought to be changed also," the lawyer explained.

i was confused, for pete's sake.

"that naturally explains that mr. song has the most rights to take the children to custody." he added.

"here, gaea," heejun handed me a paper and pen. "you have to sign this paper so we can avoid future conflicts."

future conflicts, my ass. I threw the paper on his face with anger. he's already made a lot of problems in our lives, and add this in.

"you can't have them. i heard you are remarrying. I won't let that woman and you abuse them."

he only smirked.

"do you even have a guardianship?" he asked as if he knows what answer he could get.

and i couldn't utter a thing.

i... i don't have any.

"see? if you keep being stubborn like this, you can be a criminal." he scoffed.

my heart sank. i... i can't even prove them i have the right to take care of the three.

"what do you mean?"

the lawyer cleared his throat, "because mr. song didn't get to see them after ms. nam's death, and you, ms. lee, having no legal guardianship papers, can be accused for kidnapping. and we can do it through legal measures."

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

i rushed to call seongwoo after the two left the house. i didn't sign any paper but they said they'll be back. if i still didn't sign, they'd sue me.

i can't let that happen.

"ong!" i yelled once he picked up. "heejun is making a move now. i don't know what to do. i don't have any plan other than running away. please, seongwoo. i wanna run away. i'll take them from school. we will go now." a tear left my eye and my voice became hoarse. i put our clothes on a suitcase while sobbing.

"what? wait a moment. i will call minhyun hyung. don't do anything yet, gaea. please. i'm actually coming back there to get something. just stay there and wait for him, okay?"

i only nodded although he could only hear my sobs. i tousled my hair in dismay.

this couldn't be happening, right?

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

flexing x1 in my prayers.
ㅠㅠ