one

"eomma! hyeongjun snatched my toy again!" dohyon yelled on top of his lungs.

"eomma! they're not calling me hyung anymore!" dongpyo cried angrily.

"you said you don't like being called hyung!" hyeongjun retorted.

i took a deep breath trying to maintain my patience before entering the room. their noise had made my blood boil and my patience shortened.

as usual, it looks like it's been hit by a calamity.

toys scattered everywhere, walls had been vandalized, even the bed doesn't look like a bed anymore.

and dohyon sits on the foot of the bed with his brothers yelling at each other on the other side of the room.

"what is this mess!" i kinda raised my voice out of all the stress i have received since the day started.

"eomma!" dohyon ran to hug me. his face red and wet because of crying.

i carried the small him and approached the two to stop them before they punch each other.

"how many times have i told you not to fight over small things! you are big boys already!" i yelled and pulled dongpyo who tried to grab hyeongjun by his collar. hyeongjun, on the other hand was making faces at him.

"hyeongjun! stop that! do you want me to correct your attitude?" i glared at him which immediately made him pout and have teary eyes.

"dongpyo! you're the eldest here! i told you not to initiate a fight! do you just want to beat your brothers?" dongpyo also pouted and looked down.

dohyon hugged me tighter as he looked at his brothers, everyone with tears on their eyes.

i sighed. my heart just sank on the sight.

"come here now, boys." i said calmly as i sat down on the edge of the bed, pulling them together for a hug.

hyeongjun on my right side, dongpyo on the left and dohyon on my lap.

"eomma is just tired right now. i'm sorry. don't cry now, my little ones." i said shushing them who were sobbing on both of my sleeves while hugging my arm.

"we won't fight again, eomma." dongpyo said wiping his nose with the hem of his shirt.

"i won't bully them again, eomma." hyeongjun said with a sniffle.

"i will tell you if they broke their promise, eomma." dohyon said cupping my face that made me pout.

his statement brought laughter among us.

"silly." i tickled him on his side followed by his brothers. then they're all playing peacefully again.

but not until someone knocked on the door, as if breaking it. i can see that the kids' moods had altered again knowing who it is.

i opened the door and in front me is the landlady.

goodness gracious.

"money?" she demanded as she opened her raspy palms.

"ma'am. i'm really sorry but i haven't saved enough yet but my salary pay is by the end of the month and i applied for another job actually. please please please! just give us another time-" i explained frantically, pleading her who got brows furrowed while listening to my excuse.

"another time again!" she said unamused.

"bah! you've said that several times! you already used your deposit! by that time you're gonna get kicked out and be living on the streets! i already gave enough time for you!"

"but ma'am, i don't have anyone else with to help me. please-"

oh god. what should i do? what should i do?

"then why did you have kids if you can't even afford a living?" she exclaimed.

"should you attract men instead? oh, you're good at that! why not ask them or money?" she said every words completely clear while looking at the kids. she even smirked.

"kids, do each of you want to have different rich dads? huh?"

at some point, my pride was hurt. but i am more hurt because i can't even say those in front of my children and she's here blurting it all out them.

i managed to contain my anger and answered her plainly.

"i'll give you the money later. just don't insult me in front of my children again."

she was surprised but still glared at me. "fine. i'll be back later. if you still can't pay, pack your things already." she said firmly before leaving.

i closed the door weakly and fixed myself before facing the kids. they were standing in front of me with their big round eyes then wrapped me in a hug.

"don't worry, eomma. we will be rich soon!" dongpyo patted my back with his small hand.

"we will have our own house too." hyeongjun nodded as he looked up at me.

"we will never skip meals again!" dongpyo cheered.

"we will have a lot of money too!" hyeongjun jumped.

"and eomma will not get tired again!" they all cheered.

i ruffled their hair with a wide smile, feeling my heart grow a little more comfortable.

"eomma, will we have a dad soon too?" dohyon suddenly asked innocently.

it took me a few seconds to formulate an answer in my mind. i just think i must have an answer right now before they ask harder questions about their fathers.

i nodded, "soon, little ones. soon."

"yay! i hope he's a doctor!" hyeongjun clapped.

"no no no! he should be an a-chi-ket... ar-ti-chet? uh... ar-ti-chek?" dohyun fumbled that made us giggle. he's quite scared of hospitals.

"it's architect, my little brother." dongpyo patted his younger brother's head and giggled.

"but eomma, isn't a police quite better? so he can protect us from bullies!" dongpyo suggested with a smile.

"you know, it's not important. as long as he's humble, kind, and loves you, he's gonna be perfect!" i said as i gave them each a kiss on the forehead.

"it's better if he's handsome." dongpyo suggested again that earned a facepalm from the two.

actually, i haven't thought of committing into a relationship ever since i had them. i love them so much and they're enough to make me happy.

after all, we survived it altogether.

what could happen?