eleven

han sunhwa massaged her temples as she scanned the file she's working on. she sighed to calm herself a little. but it didn't help because of the sight of the messy office and her aching stomach. she's been inside the firm for a couple of hours without returning home.

as a lawyer, she has a lot of responsibilities to handle. it's not always the 'victim' who comes for help, but the perpetrator can ask for help too. right now, the case she's been working on is going downhill.

she knows she had to set aside the emotions but also, she has to think of the logic. she has to be sure that this person is not the culprit. and she has to defend it.

a sudden knock woke her senses. she straightened her back and fixed the strands of hair falling in front of her eyes, "come in."

the door slowly opened, "someone wants to meet you, ma'am."

"please let them in."

she stood up as she put the files and other stuffs to an accordion. a man stepped inside her office. well-dressed and good-looking, obviously a fine man living luxuriously. but his expressions cannot show any contentment in any compliment. his eyes depict madness, greed, sorrow - some things are just not nice.

"good day, mr. song." sunhwa still greeted politely.

"good day."

"i'm sorry but i still can't do your favor." she started.

"i'll wait til your case is over. i want to trust you with this."

"i already referred you to another lawyer."

"attorney han, i only trust you."

sunhwa sighed. she doesn't know why she has a bad feeling about mr. song who came to her after being referred by a friend. there's not a reason she can see, but her guts are telling her not to take his side.

"i don't need to be trusted." she smiled with a straight look on him.

"i think i have to trust too rather than just being paid for labor."

song heejun pocketed his hands as he sighed, "then why can't you trust me?"

sunhwa just chuckled at his question. it was silly, she thought.

"first of all, are we friends?"

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

gaea stood restlessly in front of the police station. seongwoo took her here to talk to a friend who might know a good lawyer she can come to.

she finally decided to take a step forward on protecting the kids. they stayed for a few days at seongwoo's while she's facing her dilemma.

if i don't act now, they might be gone. she thought.

after a couple of minutes, seongwoo came back with his friend.

"gaea, this is minhyun. he's my friend since high school." seongwoo introduced.

gaea nodded before she politely bowed and greeted. minhyun bowed as well.