eight

☆

"han seungwoo! come back here if you don't want to get suspended!" the police captain yelled at his junior detective who just had the guts to walk out in the middle of his reprimanding.

(A/N: to anyone wondering, idk the hierarchy of the police hehehe i researched and found out that a police captain works with his junior officers which are the police officer, patrol police, and police detective huhu sorry for my dumbness)

but without a hint of conscience to his senior, detective han seungwoo left the room, not minding the consequences he'll get.

he was used to it - the voice of their captain when he scolds them, the voice of the chief when he receives the bad news, and the voice of his workmates when they fail a mission.

today, they failed a mission, the second fail they had after a long time. but although their team did the best in their tasks, the eyes and ears of the envious guys around them are inevitable. and the head chief won't let anything slide.

a big mission was handed to them and the other team. those were different but the teams are competing for the hope of getting promoted on a higher position. however, seungwoo didn't mind at all. he only cares about doing his best to save people and to accomplish his task which he pledged into.

the mission was about tracking a big foreign illegal syndicate of child trafficking who are currently the suspects of abducting children in South Korea. they already gathered data but their investigations aren't yet enough to suffice a conclusion as to where and who these syndicates are.

"detective song!" the pounding voice of the senior made song yuvin jolt in surprise.

"ne?" he responded with nervousness in his voice. he is certain he made some mistakes that involved his partner. without anyone telling him, he's already contemplating in his mind about the words he should tell seungwoo.

"talk to your partner about this before it gets to the chief." mr. heo said in disappointment, massaging his temples.

"ne." yuvin replied in the same quivering voice.

song yuvin stepped outside the room to run after seungwoo but one of their team followed him.

"yuvin-ah." lee jinhyuk called.

"hyung, waeyo?"

"he was stressed out lately. i think we should let him be alone for a while." jinhyuk reminded the younger.

"oh, right. but hyung, this might get worse if we can't resolve it sooner--- and speaking of worse--" yuvin was cut off when a rival from the other team passed by them.

"what's with your boss today?" the guy asked confidently, pointing out han seungwoo as the 'boss'.

"aish. kim wooseok." jinhyuk glared at him which only made him chuckle.