five

dongpyo's

(happy birthday babie hehehe)

the night has passed with the landlady not being able to yell at our mom. because surprisingly, eomma paid her in full amount. but she still looks at us with both pity and disgust.

ew to you as well, ahjumma.

anyway, i kept quiet about what happened yesterday. because eomma might worry about us. she's been tired and stressed from work and from thinking of us already. i don't want to burden her so i will protect my brothers instead.

and when i said i kept quiet, i literally kept quiet.

not just because of that reason. but also because i don't want to have more and more questions about our dad. eomma seems to not like it every time dohyunnie asked her.

what if he is our real dad?

but why do we have different surnames?

i just kept that to myself although it was so hard for me to hide. unu

"hyung, wake up." hyeongjun started to wake us up in a sweet tone. i wrapped myself in a blanket so he nudged me a bit harshly this time.

"wake up, hyung!" he is now yelling while trying to pull my blanket off but i was pulling it harder.

suddenly, a big mass of chubbiness was dumped over me who was still inside the blanket.

hyeongjun stopped pulling the blanket and went up on bed too. another chubbiness over me.

"i can't breathe, you big baby dolphins!" i yelled and pushed them off me.

i threw off the blanket and breathed. my brothers laughed at me with dolphin sounds. i pouted. owo

"oh, dear. look at your hair." eomma came into our room, chuckling as she saw me.

"scarecrow." dohyon giggled behind her. i pouted while glaring.

"eomma. what should i do with my hair?"

"what else though aside from this?" she asked as she combed it.

"aniyo. they don't think i suit this style."

"oh."

eomma thought for a few seconds and when she had an idea, i immediately disagreed.

"you tried hyeongjun's hairstyle. so what about dohyon's?"

i aggressively shook my head. oh my god. dohyon has a coconut head right now and he doesn't even have plans to change it.

"i think that's a betteo idea." hyeongjun said. surprisingly, he already have the scissors with him so i freaked out.

"eomma, andwaeyo!" i clung onto eomma's arm and she laughed at me. :(

"okay, baby. but i think we should prepare now because the time is running. we'll do something about your hair tomorrow, ne?" she ruffled my hair and i nodded. as usual, eomma pinched my cheeks because she thinks it's soft. uwu

later that day, eomma went to work again while we're at school. in the afternoon, i let hyeongjun and dohyon play with their friends again for twenty minutes before going home.

so i was with my girl bestie when the ahjussi from yesterday appeared again. i lowkey panicked as i stood up.

"what's the matter?" my bestie, myeonji, asked.

"it's the ahjussi yesterday." i whispered

"oh. you should hide! ppalli!" she said and i hid behind her.

it wasn't helpful though, coz we're both smol. ㅠㅠ

i think he saw me but didn't go my way. he went to hyeongjun instead.

we gasped. OoO

we ran to the ahjussi who was now talking to my brother as he crouched.

but good thing, eomma arrived... with a surprised and mad look.

"you?" eomma said as her brows furrowed. the man also stood up and greeted, "it's been a long time."

i looked at eomma who held hyeongjun's hand obviously tight.

uh...

did eomma really know him?

my mind suddenly contained those questions again.

now what's happening?