Chapter 35: Recovery

(Unedited)

(Raielle)

"Ow!" I moaned in pain, feeling the twizzer pulling out the pieces of glass from the back of my tighs. I looked back to see Storm concentrating intensely.

"Stop moving." He mumbled, holding me in place.

I took a deep breath, stopping my legs from shaking. "Pull them out gentler please." I gasped, feeling yet another piece leave me. We've been in our room for about an hour pulling specks of glass from my palm and the back of my tight. Thankfully, the kids were sleeping on the large couch on the side of the room, cartoon blaring out the TV.

After a couple more agonising minutes he stopped and straightened up away from me. "I'll have to take you to the warehouse to get scanned to see if I've missed any of the tinier pieces." He said, throwing the twizzer in the bowl fill of crimson stained glass.

"It burns." I mumbled, face buried in the pillow. The fact that I'm only now feeling the pain after an hour of the injury amazed me. When I picked up Domenico and took a shower, I felt nothing. However, even the slight touch of the bed sheets is putting me in pain right now.

I felt his hand caressed my back. "It will heal soon enough but you will find it a bit painful to seat." I nodded. He suddenly got off from the bed and headed towards the door.

My head whipped towards. "Where are you going?" I asked curiously the last time he left, a massacre occurred and I wasn't looking to do anymore of that tonight.

He halted his steps and turned back to me. "I'm just going to check on my crew downstairs." He told me. "They should be half way done cleaning up the mess."

"I want to come." I said, pushing myself up. I felt a hand on my back pushing me back down in the bed. I looked back to see Storm- when did he get this close.

He sat on the bed, near my head, allowing me to pop my head on his leg. "You can come down when the place is decent." I pouted.

"Are we really staying here after the house got broken into and your guards got killed?" I asked worried. Although I trusted Storm to keep us safe, it felt much better when I knew the house was surrounded by a bunch of gunned men and women, expertly trained to kill. Shame they couldn't smell poison from the food though. I always knew Gino was s creep who couldn't be trusted.

"Yes." He answered, playing with my hair.

I raised an eyebrow. "I don't think that's safe." I commented. "What if more men come ba-"

"Don't worry I have made sure the reinforcements ate strong." He interjected. "Also my guys are killing every single person that took a slip for the death list."

"A slip?" I questioned confused.

He nodded. "You can't just kill someone on the list and expect to get a rewards. It doesn't matter how much evidents you have that you done it, you need to sign a contract and register yourself or your group in order to get the price at the end." He explained to me. Wow who new the mafia was so restrictive. "Obviously there are those who will be planning to kill us that for fun, status and the revenge instead of monetary gains. They will be harder to find."

"So your killing people for wanting you dead." I summarised. He nodded. "So it's like a warning?"

He lifted an amused eyebrow. "In a way yes." He replied. "You're just like the kid asking all these questions." He joked.

I but my lip, staring at him. "If I asked you something will you consider it?" I asked

He hand stopped messing around with my curls. "According to what it is." I huffed, he can never give a straight yes.