Prologue

(This is going to start kinda angsty guys)

Third pov

The O'Connor siblings had just made a steady life for themselves when the news reached them.

Their father was looking for them.

Rome was understanding and took over the garage when they ran. They couldn't risk him catching them.

They found a place, it wasn't Miami or LA, but at least it wasn't Barstow.

Ray lied.

To herself.
To others.
To Brian.

It was easier. She didn't want to be honest. She didn't want the pity and she didn't want people to know her secrets. She wanted to keep them to herself. Bury them deep inside her where only she knew they existed.

Ray wasn't stupid and neither was Brian. She knew he had figured out something was wrong.

But she didn't want to tell him.

And he never pushed.

Had it been eight years ago they would've been completely honest with each other. Told each other everything, but it isn't eight years ago and try as they might there's things they can't talk about.

Ray feels like the worst sister ever. Brian does everything to make up for leaving and she can't even be honest with him.

Ever anxiety attack he helps her through she feels shame. Damn it, she was supposed to be better!

He sees everything and it makes her want to scream. But she doesn't. He already feel so much guilt and she doesn't want him to feel more. Surely no one can fault her for that?

Brian knows his sister. Probably better than she thinks he does.

When they have to run again she suggests that maybe she can dye her hair. He isn't too sure at first but she persists, and in the end he agrees. Anything that could make her feel safer.

She dyed her hair a light brown. Just enough so you couldn't recognize her from behind.

When he cuts his hair off Ray looks like she wants to cry.

When he tells her he's working as a cop again she does cry and won't talk to him for the rest of the day.

At night she sits beside him on the couch. "I'm broken." Her voice is low.

"We both are." Is his answer.

He watched her fall apart over and over. Something broke in her after the Toretto family, and he would've been lying if he said he didn't break too.

Ray and Brian are trying to mend old cracks.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)