Chapter 2

Third pov

Ray continues wandering the streets, knowing that trying to sleep would be useless. Some of the guilt had eased up after talking to Mia but not all.

"Ey, Street Queen! Wait up." A man calls out to her. He's slightly taller than her but doesn't seem to make any effort to appear threatening.

She stopped, one hand clutching the switchblade in her pocket. Never hurt to be prepared for the worst.

Ray pov

"What?" My voice is hard as he stopped not far from me.

"Ray ain't it? You've gained quite the name in the racing world Queenie." He grins.

"Get to the point." I glare at him. He might not want to appear threatening but i do.

"I got someone that wants you to work for him. You're on his territory." He pulls out a slip of paper and after a seconds hesitation i take it.

"I would advise you to show up. Braga doesn't take well to people telling him no." With that he disappeared down the streets leaving me with a chill down my back...

Braga.

He wants me to work for him.

Time skip

I pull up my phone as i reach my apartment and try to call Brian. No answer.

He's probably working extra.

Third pov

Ray took the stairs to their shared apartment while trying to figure out what she was supposed to tell Brian. The guy they'd spent two years hunting wanted her to work and she didn't doubt something bad would happen if she said no.

But no matter what Brian wouldn't take this well. Even though he knew Ray could protect herself she was his baby sister.

She stopped in the middle of the living room.

Someone had been in there.

Her note was gone and instead there was a new note.... and Dom's cross on top of it.

Ray felt her hands shake as she picked the necklace and note up.

The cross was still warm so it couldn't have been long since he left. And on the note there was an message.

Hectors old garage.

She sank down on the couch. Dom wanted to see her...

Time skip

In the morning Brian found her half asleep sitting on the couch.

"Ray? Haven't you slept at all?"

She shook her head and he frowned. "I'll make some coffee."

Ray gratefully took the warm cup. "Braga wants me to drive for him." She didn't look at Brian as she continued. "The guy that told me gave me an adress and told me Braga doesn't take well to being told no."

She clutched the cross in her hands until it hurt. "What do i do? Damn it, what do i do?"

After getting over the initial shock Brian pulled her in for a hug. "That son of a bitch." He continued swearing quietly. "You have to go. He'll kill you otherwise. I'm going to bring in a guy tomorrow that might be able to get me in too. We'll have to go from there." He told her as she quietly stared at the wall.

He was going to kill this asshole for killing Letty and bringing Ray into this shit.

When Ray fell asleep he saw Dom's cross in her hand. He wasn't surprised. It might have taken until Miami for Ray to understand her feelings for him, but Brian had known. Maybe not liked it but he'd known. It was a relief to know that the man wasn't angry at Ray anymore. He wouldn't have left it if he was.

He moved her so she laid on the couch before putting the necklace around her neck. He had more work to do.

Ray and Dom coming next chapter

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)