Chapter 17

Third pov

Ray listened in on what Dom and Brian talked about.

"I remember mine too well, an abusive piece of shit. I'm assuming Ray told you about him. Has she told you how he ended up in prison?"

Dom shook his head. "No. What happened?"

"I had stolen a car, he found out. When Ray came home from school he'd already beaten me half to death. I remember that he started walking towards her, murder in his eyes. Ray ran for the kitchen and he followed. There was another door she went out through. I was told later by a friend that he had chased her and she pulled a switchblade out, stabbed him straight in the chest, but not before he pushed her down a set of stairs." He sighed. "That finally gained the attention of the authorities and he was taken into prison. The asshole survived his wounds. I'm not even sure Ray can remember that she was the one to finally ruin him. I couldn't, i couldn't even do that. I couldn't protect her from those last hits."

"You ain't going to be like that, Brian."

They both looked into the room where Mia slept and Ray sat in a corner. She had a book in her lap.

"We can't keep running Dom. We got to get out. We got to get out now."

"You're right." Dom held the chip, Ray had given it to him earlier. "Here's how we're going to do it. We're going to do one last job." He held it for Brian to see.
"We're going to use this, take all of Reyes's money, every last dime of it, and disappear. Forever."

"New passports. New lives with no more looking over our shoulder. And we're just going to buy our freedom."

"That's right."

"You realize that we're talking about going up against the most powerful guy in all Rio?"

"Yes, we are."

"Then we're going to need a team."

Time skip

"All right. Let's run through the bases real quick who do we got?" Ray asked as she put on her sunglasses.

"First we're going to need a chameleon. Someone that can blend in anywhere."

"What else?"

"A fast talker. Someone who can bullshit their way out of anything."

Ray and Brian shared a look. "We got that."

"We're going to need someone good with circuits. And with those circuits Reyes is going to have walls, we'll need guys to punch through those walls."

Mia nodded. "What else?"

"Utilities and weapons. We need someone who ain't afraid to throw down. Someone to back up every position."

Brian nodded. "Yeah, what else do we need?"

"Most importantly. We're going to need three precision drivers. Drivers that don't crack under pressure. Drivers that never lose."

Ray smiled. "You know we got that."

Time skip

Ray and Dom shared a kiss. "Think they've killed each other yet?" She grinned.

"Don't know, but they can wait a little more." He pulled her in for a kiss again.

They walked over to the new team members. "I see you've all met."

Giselle spoke. "You know, when you called me to come to Rio i assumed it would be for something more exciting than this."

Ray went over to Rome. "Damn, you've grown. You're a lot taller than me now."

"And look at you girlie, you're a lot more confident."

He was surprised as she gave him a hug. "It's good to see you."

They all introduced each other before Ray spoke. "You guys must be wondering why we dragged you half across the world. Well, it's easy, we got a job."

"Our targets name is Hernan Reyes. He runs the crime scene here. He's never been busted because he doesn't leave a paper trail."

They went over to the table.

"No paper trails means no banks. No banks means cash houses."

Brian nodded and unfolded a map. "That's right. Ten of them, to be exact. Spread throughout the city."

"And we're going to hit all of them."

Ray leaned into Dom's arms, smirking at the look of disbelief on Tej face.

"All of them?"

She nods. "All of them."

"This sounds crazy. You bring us to a whole new country so we can rob the dude that runs it? I thought this was buisness. It sounds personal to me. Is that what this is?" He looked at Brian. "I got love for y'all but personal ain't good buisness. I can't do this homie." He started walking away.

Ray smirked. "So what we're talking about is a hundred million dollars." As soon as Dom said it she had to hold back laughter. She knew Rome had stopped.

"You say what? Hundred.... See, sometimes i over think, man,  and i know we just met, but you just, kind of, got to.."

Ray felt her boyfriend's amusement.

"That's right, one hundred million, and everything we take we split even.'

"That's a little over eleven million apiece. I'm down."

"I'm in." Rico said.

"You can't pull off ten heists on the same mark. You just can't."

Han agreed with her. "As soon as we hit the first, they're going to do everything they can to protect the rest."

Ray smiled. "Exactly."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)