Chapter 9

Third pov

Brian parked under a bridge and after checking with Dom that Ray was okay, he got out to call his superiors.

Dom looked at the woman in his arms. She had her eyes closed and looked on the verge of falling asleep. "I'm going to talk to Brian, I'll be back soon."

She shook her head and clung to him more. "You'll leave.." She mumbled into his shoulder.

"Ray, i gave you my cross. Do you really think i would do that if i had any plans on leaving?" He gently touched the cross on her chest.

She relaxed her grip enough for him to be able to move her so she sat in the seat. He brushed his thumb over her bloody lip.

He noticed her shivering. "Where's your jacket?"

She gave him a tired smile. "It was in my car."

Dom only nodded and took his jacket off and helping her put it on.

Dom opened one of the black boxes filled with drugs. "So this is what sixty million looks like.."

Brian nodded. "Yeah, we got to get you and Ray to a doctor." He'd noticed the bleeding wound on his shoulder.

"We got to hide this."

Brian went through every possible hiding place. "I got a spot." Just as he was about to go to the drivers side again Dom stopped him.

"What's with Ray?"

Brian vinced. "A panic attack. She's had them and anxiety attacks  often during the last five years." He looked to see if Ray was listening. She wasn't. "It started after you kicked us out and however much i want to still be pissed at you, she needs you. But if you crush her again I'll crush you."

Dom let Brian get into the car and went back to Ray, carefully moving her so she and he sat in the back.

Time skip

Ray fell asleep on the ride to the impound lot and not even Dom crashing a car window could wake her. The exhaustion sat too deep for that.

The guys laid her in the back as they drove to a place where they would be able to stay for a while.

"After you kicked us out she started hsving breakdowns. At first she wouldn't even let me near her when they happened. They evolved into panic and anxiety attacks. The problem was i couldn't give her the security she needed." Brian frowned. "I was no longer the only person that she dependended on for comfort."

Dom was quiet as he took a look into the backseat where Ray was sleeping.

"Soon getting her to eat and sleep become a daily battle. She doesn't have an appetite." He added when he saw Dom look at him. "And she has nightmares." He sighed. "I've been a cop long enough to when someone is sick.... and i got a quick look at her medical records. She was diagnosed with PTSD when she turned twenty two. She doesn't know i know."

He went quiet after that. First when they reached the small house did he say something. "I would never let you do this if i didn't believe you could help her. And i stand by my earlier statement, you crush her feelings like that again and I'll crush you." The threat was half-assed and made Dom chuckle.

"I won't."

Brian let him wake Ray up.

Ray looked at him through barely opened eyes. "Dom?"

"We just need to go inside. Come on." He let her lean on him on the way inside before curling up on the couch inside. She continued to sleep until Mia came.

"There, your shoulder is stitched up."

Dom thanked her before motioning to the couch. "Can you take a look at Ray too?"

"She got a pretty bad punch straight on her mouth." Brian added.

Mia nodded and went over to Ray. She gently woke the sleeping woman. "Hey Ray, i gotta take a look at your mouth."

Ray wasn't fully awake but let her do what she came fore before promptly falling back asleep.

Brian caught both siblings giving him questioning looks. "She doesn't actually sleep very often. It's her first deep sleep in weeks."

They decided not to wake her as they ate but spared a carton with noodles and chicken for her.

A few hours later she woke up and happily ate the food Mia handed to her.

"Why did you tell us you were a cop? Why did you let us go?"

Brian shrugged. "Ray and i never had what you guys had.
We only had each other to depend on. I saw the love you guys had for each other, the respect,  and i just, i didn't want to ruin that."

Brian's phone went off as someone called him. He swore quietly as he saw who's number it was.

"Dom. Dom let me explain."

Dom looked murderous. "When were you gonna tell me?"

Mia and Ray shared a confused look. "Dom what are you doing?"

"When were you gonna tell me you were running Letty? When were you gonna-" Dom picked Brian up and flung him into a shelf.

Ray was quick on her feet. "Dom stop it!" She and Mia had to move so they wouldn't get hurt.

"Dom you need to stop!"

Ray winced as they fought.

"She did it for you guys! She did it for you!"

Dom's fist stopped.

"Letty came to me to clear all your names in exchange for bringing down Braga."

Ray froze. She didn't know this. Brian hadn't told her.

"She just wanted everyone to come home!"

Dom didn't look at them as he walked out.

"I'm sorry Dom! I'm sorry!"

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)

(Almost a thousand words)