Chapter 28

Third pov

"Dom, the window is too small man. Unless we have a way of cloning Ray the only way we can do this is with invisible cars." Han said as he got out of the car.

Dom closed the hood of the motor he was looking in. "And i know just were to get them. Let's take a ride boys."

While they were away Ray, Mia and Giselle sat talking. "I'm sorry if i sound insensitive but what's the relationship between you, Brian and your dad?"

Mia had to admit she was also curious. Brian had told her a little and she had seen his body but he had never been able to bring himself to say everything.

Ray shrugged and put her glass of water down beside her. "He wasn't a good man. He wanted an obedient wife and a son to show off. Mom was terrified of him but she loved us."

The girls were the only ones there so she felt safe to continue.

"He killed mom when i was eight. After that life was hell on earth. Then one day he chased me and tried beating me in public. It made social services look our home life up. He was supposed to be in prison for twenty five years but it seems he got out early."

Mia frowned. "Brian said you wanted to kill him before he kills you or us."

"And I'm going to. I need to do it. I think it's the only way i can fully move on." She had a slightly distant look and when she opened her mouth again the boys had come back.

Time skip

Seeing Vince again wasn't something she thought she would do. He squirmed under her glare while the others watched in amusement.

"If you ever, ever do the shit you did earlier I'm going to shove your foot where the sun doesn't shine."

Vince gulped. He had actually forgotten how scary Dom's little lady could be. "Yes ma'am."

Her glare melted into a genuine smile. "Welcome back."

Time skip

Vince found Dom working on his car.
"Hey, Dom. Listen. I know that you're all set for this job tomorrow, but if you need an extra man, i could.."

"You're in."

Vince seemed speechless.

"There's always room for family." Dom smiled.

"Thank you."

Dom took his shirt from the car. "Go get something to eat. I gotta wake up sleeping beauty, hopefully get her to eat something other than soup." The lasst part made Vince chuckle as he followed his oldest friend.

Ray was very sleepy as she sat on the couch with a plate filled with sallad and something that was supposed to be meat. She honestly considered buying Tego cooking lesdons for a life time.

"We're less than twenty four hours from the biggest celebration of our lives. Y'all need a refill. This is serious stuff."

Mia smiled. "No, I'm good."

Brian couldn't bite back his smile. "Nah she can't."

Rome was confused. "What do you mean?"

"She can't."

"What do you mean she can't? What is..." He trailed of as it hit him. "Are you serious right now?"

As everyone congratulated them Ray moved to stand beside her boyfriend after abandoning the plate of coal she'd gotten.