Chapter 22

Third pov

While the O'Connor siblings tried to pull themselves together the others discussed their options.

"Their dad is here?" Rome looked a mixture of horrified and pissed off.

Everyone except for Mia, Dom and Tej looked confused.

"Why does it matter if he's here?" Tego asked in confusion.

"Their dad is a piece of shit that should have died in prison. Want know more? Ask them." He swore. "Damn it. If he gets his hands on either one he's gonna kill 'em and dangle their corpse to lure out the second."

Dom took a look at the siblings. "What we do now is that we do what we can to get their minds off him, and don't leave them alone. No matter what. Ray has told me enough about this guy to know he won't exercise restraint, especially not for his own kids."

"Then we should make sure either you or Brian stay close to her." Mia said. "Brian was her lifeline for years and for the last year it's been you."

Time skip

Ray leaned against Dom as Tego and Rico managed to connect them to the police security system. She was still pale and actually looked sickly. Not that Brian was much better off.

"Got it. We got it!"

"Yeah, we're looking at four security cameras."

Han cut in. "Yo, that's some high end shit to. Marker optics. Hundred-degree field-of-view. Ten seconds oscillation."

"Yeah, that's a narrow window, man."

"Can't we just tap in and replace the image?" Giselle asked.

"No, it's hooked up into a digital sync. They would know we were in the system. The best we can do is peek." Tej explained.

"We're going to need some real fast cars to get through this."

"Not just fast. You got a hard right and a hairpin. We're going to need something agile."

Dom rubbed Ray's back. "You guys mock up a track. O'Connor, Ray." Both looked at him. "Let's go get some cars."

Time skip

The night was warm outside even though Ray had shorts and one of Dom's t-shirts. It had been a long time since she last raced and she'd missed it.

"Home sweet home."

They got out too look at the cars. (And girls, Ray would be lying if she said she didn't find at least some of them attractive)

She nudged Brian and nodded to a blue car. "That one's your style. All motor, no tuning issues."

"Held the record on the Avenida three years running." Ray didn't recognize the man that spoke but he sure seemed to know who they were."You got a lot of balls to bring your problems here, Toretto. Not to mention a cop."

"Yeah, we can keep that on the low."

"Word on the street is that a lot of people are looking for you three. What? Didn't think we'd recognize you?"

Dom had an amused look. "No, we're kinda counting on it. That little coup may run the streets around here, but that monster has never seen a set of tail lights." He pointed to his charger.

"Well she's about to." He spoke to the guys behind him. "Now that," He pointed at Dom's car. "Will be a nice trophy."

"Let's go, legend."

The race was over quick and Dom won. Brian now had a car to drive home in.

"Isn't the queen going to race?"

She looked at the guy that just lost. "What?"

"You're as much of a legend as your king over there." He motioned to Dom by his car.

She just smiled. "Maybe i will later."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)