Chapter 24

Third pov

Brian had prepared the soup, poured it in the biggest cup he could find, put in a straw and handed it to his little sister. Altough she was reculant to, she did eat, albeit slowly.

The others watched in fascination as the woman with a will stronger than Dom's sat on a couch a bit from them. Brian sat beside her as she ate.

"How come she's willing to eat now?"

Rome shrugged. He wasn't interested in spilling their life story. "He's her big brother. He knows plenty of tricks like that." He was a little surprised Dom was taking it as good as he did. He added so pretty much only Dom could make out what he was saying. "He got twenty years of experience, give yourself a break. She loves you."

The tomato soup was delicious and Ray felt how hungry she actually was.

"Told you you were hungry." Brian teased.

"Oh shut up." She gave him a halfhearted glare.

"You need to sleep too, you know?"

They were quiet while she ate.

"I need to kill him."

Brian froze.

"He'll just continue to hunt us otherwise." She watched Giselle try the new car.

"He'll kill you. If anyone should try this then it isn't you." Brian protested.

Ray turned her head to give him a look filled with sadness, determination and love. "Brian, it has to be me. Look at them over there. They're our family now, i want to protect them. I don't want to live in fear that he will go for them to hurt us. And it is definitely not a risk we can take that he finds out Mia is pregnant with your child."

He didn't say anything.

"I need to kill dad." Brian could see the determination and for the first time in a long time he could see that she wasn't a child anymore. He couldn't stop her if she decided to leave.

There might be another chapter later tonight. If not then tomorrow.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)