Chapter 1

Third pov

Ray didn't like that Brian worked as a cop again but she did see how it could be helpful. Personally she kept to the racing scene and the odd car job. Both made quite a bit of money.

Four years passed before they found a place that felt safe. By then Ray felt that she needed some security and welcomed being able to stay in one place for more than three months.

A problem that had grown was that Brian was on the hunt for Braga.

She knew it wasn't going well. The guy was pretty damn impossible to find and Ray knew it made her brother irritated.

When the news reached them that Letty was dead they were both grieving.

Ray sat on the couch, her brothers words taking their sweet time to register.

"Letty.... She's dead?" She hears her own voice crack.

At the funeral Brian stands with the other cops in suits.

Ray stands a fair distance away. Doesn't feel like she really has a right to be there. Dom threw them out after all. And she guessed they were angry still.

She can't see the man watching them in the distance, but he sees her. And he feels regret and relief.

That night she doesn't sleep at all. Instead she leaves a note for Brian and goes out.

The Toretto house looks like she remembers it. It makes a hurtful reminder of her last time there as she sneaks into the garage.

"Ray?"

Ray looks up to see Mia.

"Hi. Mia. I'm sorry for breaking in- i just-i.." She goes quiet.

Ray pov

Mia gives me a questioning look and i sigh. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I know we aren't counted as family anymore but... if there was something i could have done.."

Mia's face softened slightly. "I wanted to ask, did you really not know Brian was a cop?"

I shake my head. "No. He is again though and considering Letty was murdered by the guy they've been hunting you'll be seeing each other again. Please, even if you don't believe me," I let out a shaky breath. "He still loves you. I know he does."

She gives me a disbelieving look before sighing. "You should go, but give me a call sometime. Tell me you're okay, and... I'm sorry, for not believing you didn't know Brian was a cop."

I nod, an unsure feeling in my gut. I haven't felt this nervous since i last looked for Brian. I stop in the door. "And, one last thing. I know Dom will try to avenge her, even i know it's no use trying to talk him out of it. Can you tell him to be careful for me?"

Third pov

As soon as Mia said yes Ray was out the door, swallowed by the darkness. Still unaware that Dom had heard the whole conversation.

Mia didn't say anything as her brother watched the spot where Ray had disappeared.

Dom frowned. Ray looked somehow smaller than last time. Paler. Thinner. He knew he would need to talk to her eventually. Now he finally knew where she was.

They spent two years looking for her and Brian before the police had doubled their efforts to get them caught for something, anything, and forced them on the run. But during those two years they had only ever been able to track them to Miami. After that, they were just gone. Impossible to find.

But now, now he knew where they were.

Now he knew where Ray was.

What do you guys to think?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)