Chapter 25

Third pov

When Brian was two he'd gotten a little sister. She was the most precious thing he had for long. He'd loved and protected her. Shown her all he knew about survival and how to avoid dad when he was angry.

When he was ten their dad killed their mother. He already had a fair share of bruises by then, but at least Ray had been spared that.

When he was eleven he met Rome. They got into all kinds of trouble and when he was twelve he took Ray with him to meet Rome.

When he was fourteen he had gone to juvie for the first time. When he came out Ray was skin and bones. And she had her own scars. He had felt like a failure of a brother

When he was eighteen he had stolen a car and his dad had found out. That day ended in wounds that he wasn't sure would heal. But at least the monster was finally in prison for what he'd done. It still hurt that he hadn't been able to protect his sister.

He still ended up in juvie for the stolen car. The law enforcement in Barstow had always hated him. About six months in he had gotten a visit from Rome's dad. He wanted to make a cop out of him. He'd said yes and left everything behind.

When he was twenty six and undercover Ray found him. She was twenty four then. He hadn't been able to turn his baby sister away and in the result he had screwed a lot of things up. He remembered the feeling of Dom hitting him and when Ray tried to pull him away. If Ray hadn't gotten him out of LA he would never have gotten out of there.

Six months later they were forced to take down Carter Verone. When he heard that Ray had crashed her car he thought for a few terrifying seconds that he'd lost his baby sister.

After that they found out their dad was looking for them. While Brian worked with the police Ray raced as they jumped from place to place.

When he was thirty two Letty had been killed and both of them were dragged into a mission to kill Braga. He remembered clearly the love he'd seen between Dom and Ray. And he couldn't be happier for her that she had found someone to love just like he loved Mia.

And just a few days ago their dad showed right back up to crush them.

He studied Ray as she drank her soup. She was a fully functional adult now but their dad would kill her. He knew he would. He just wasn't entirely sure she realized that.

I'm actually really happy with how this turned out.

Vote and comment, i would love to hear what you think :)