Week 22

Ch.8 - Week 22

You sighed heavily, sinking a bit into your seat in the teacher's office. This morning was tough, with the cultural festival coming up, your students were rowdier than usual. Thus it was hard to even get through the lesson plans today. Not the mention the growing questions about your personal life. Ever since you had told your students about your pregnancy the line that had never been crossed in the first half of the year at UA for your first years had been crossed numerous times. That line being the divide between your professional and private lives.

You preferred to keep them separate, but as of late, it was getting harder to do so with the pregnancy starting to kick into full swing. From questions about due dates, whether the baby was a boy or a girl at birth, or how you were feeling that day, you were conflicted. On one hand, you appreciate your student's curiosity and kindness, but on the other hand, you feared becoming more of a friend in their eyes and not the teaching mentor you were supposed to be.

Maybe you should ask your own former teacher how he managed to do it... but then again, Aizawa was never pregnant and still attempted to teach. Either way, you had an issue on your hands and needed to find a way to solve it.

Lucky for you, UA always supplied you with some sort of support system. This time being the teacher of class 1-B, who happened to be a former classmate of yours. She had noticed your melancholy and took a seat down next to you, smiling gently.

"Is everything okay?" The dark-haired female asked, seeing as you hadn't even had your morning tea yet.

You nodded towards her. "Everything's fine Momo. Just a bit torn between letting my students know more about my personal life since they've been asking and risk the student-teacher relationship we have... or keep it to myself and possibly make them seek it out on their own... which I don't want."

Momo smiled gently. "I'm sure whatever you decide will work out just fine. Your first class is quite kind."

"Your own class isn't as bad. Oh! Are we still planning to mix them up and face off against our old classmates for their final?" Your teacher mode kicked on, Momo's as well.

"Yes. I've heard back from nearly everyone. So it seems like a lot of them are able to attend. We just need to hear back from Uraraka-san, Midoriya-san, and well.... Bakugou-san." She chuckled lightly, knowing your husband had a bad habit of not replying until the last minute on things.

"Well... usually, I would scold him for his lack of punctuality in getting back to old friends... but he actually has an excuse this time." You motioned Momo in closer. "It's still up in the air, but yesterday he agreed to take over for Best Jeanist by the end of the year, so... he might be having his own agency soon!"

Momo clapped her hands together. "Oh, wonderful! It's about time. And as always... before Midoriya-san and Shouto. Though, not by much... as both seem to also be considering starting their own in the next year or so."

"So long as he's ahead, Katsuki will be happy." You laughed lightly. "Though... he did make a big deal of not doing it if I thought the baby would need him more. But I know Katsuki... and I know he can handle it all. That's just who he is."

Momo nodded eagerly. "Yes yes! Bakugou-san has always been like that! Neither of you have anything to worry about! And if you suddenly do, myself and everyone else from the old Class A will be here to help!"

You let out a content sigh at her words, mouth opening to speak before the door to the teacher's room opened. A girl with spotted skin and reptilian eyes, her black hair tied into twin buns looking at the pair of teachers.