Chapter 13.5

Good Lord, am I a liar. 

Okay, okay, I'm sorry. But I have to pick Marco up from the airport and the cameras can't pick up my face. I'll get in serious trouble if that happens. 

God damn, I look shady. From my black tank top, black jeans, black combat boots, sunglasses, and finger-less gloves, I look like I just came out of a gangster funeral. Unfortunately, all of this is necessary. And, on top of all this, I have to get passed everyone. 

Lucky for me, they all have something to do today. It's Monday, so Eren has Uni. Levi and Erwin are working in Eren's office. I gather they'd rather not be disturbed. Armin's filming a video in his room, and the door's locked.

Kaniss and Hanji are doing something in the living room, so I think they're the only ones I have to worry about.

Putting a spring in my step, I smiled and ran into to the door. 

"M'kay, silly bananas, I'm out! Deuces!" I screamed.

I heard three "shut up"s from down the hall. Giggling, I reached for the doorknob.

"Hey, Shy-Shy."

God dammit.

"Yeah?" I turned around.

"Where are you going?" Kaniss and Hanji's heads were sticking out of the living room door. I shrugged.

"Out."

"Ooh, are you meeting a boy?" Hanji wiggled her eyebrows.

"Mm, you could say so."

I reached for the doorknob and ran out as fast as I could. Jeez, these people.

-----------
Hey look a timeskip!
-----------

I sat against a wall in the airport, waiting for Marco to get off the stupid plane. He told me that they were landing a half hour ago. I swear, if he's gotten into trouble again I'll-

A man in all black was walking around. His face and arms were covered in freckles. I chuckled. 

"Yo, Marco!" I waved my hand in the air. He looked in my direction and ran towards me. 

"Hey, long time no see." he said, smiling. I laughed.

"Yeah, I know." 

"We'd better get back to Armin's house. They think I'm meeting a boy."

"Am I not a boy?"

"I'd think you were a man, Marco, but whatever you say." 

"Hey, hold on a-"

"Shit." 

I grabbed his sleeve and ran behind a vending machine. "Marco, we've got trouble."

"What?!"

"Sasha and Connie."