Chapter 2

Klaus sat stunned, water dripping down his face.  His heart sank when (Y/N) slammed the door shut.  He had fucked up, that he knew.  And the worst part was, he didn't know what he did.  He groaned in frustration and pain, throwing his head back and screwing his eyes closed.

"You're a class A douchebag," Ben piped up from the corner of the room.

"That was very helpful thank you for your input," Klaus retorted sarcastically.  "Now if you'd like to make yourself useful, you could tell me what happened last night."

"You're not gonna like it," Ben warned causally.

Klaus whipped his head down and deadpanned Ben, eyes wide and void of any emotion.  Ben sighed and conceded, reluctantly relaying the events of the previous night.

"Why didn't you stop me like you did last time!?" Klaus cried out.

"I tried but my hand just kept going through everything I tried to touch," Ben defended.

"I need a fix," Klaus mumbled swinging his legs to the edge of the bed and pushing himself off.

"After all of that, and you still want to go get high!?" Ben yelled at him, not believing what he was hearing.

"What else am I supposed to do?" Klaus shouted back.  "I've basically blown any chance I had with her already!"

"Maybe if you had some orange juice or coffee when you wake up instead of a blunt, you know, get yourself sober again, she would see you as boyfriend material," Ben lectured like it was the most obvious solution in the world.

Klaus scowled at him.  "Piss off."

"Dave wouldn't approve of your little habit," Ben threw out nonchalantly.

Klaus froze upon hearing that name.  "Fine you're right, like always, are you happy?"  He gave in, a hint of remorse in his tone.

He changed into his tie-dye crop top and laced leather pants, throwing his green army vest on and clutching the dog tags that hung loosely around his neck.

"Dave, I know you're there.  I know it hasn't been long, and I don't know if I'm doing the right thing, but I miss you so much," Klaus stated, choking up.  "There's this girl," he continued, "I met her before I met you, and she's everything to me.  She's always been there for me.  She believed in me when nobody else did.

"I love you, Dave.  I will always love you, and I hope you can forgive me for doing this, but I have to do what I was too scared to do before.  After all, it's only love.  You showed me that.  I hope–" Klaus started to sob, "I hope you're doing well, and I'm so sorry.  I'm so sorry for everything.  I love you," he wept before he rushed out the door.

He ran into (Y/N)'s living room and found Diego covering her up with a blanket.  Klaus approached him and tugged on his arm, signaling him to follow him outside.  Once they were in the hallway he turned to Diego.

"You need to tie me up, please.  I need to get sober again," Klaus pleaded.

Diego crossed his arms and scoffed.  "Yeah right."

"I'm serious Diego," Klaus whined.  "I need to do this, I'm not gonna let her slip through my fingers too."

"How do I know you won't give in again like you always do," Diego questioned skeptically.