Chapter 3

(Y/N) arrived at Shaw's at 7:45. She rushed in and found everybody already gathered. Seconds after she joined the group, Holt started his brief speech, welcoming Rosa and Jake back to the precinct followed by a remark from Terry. About ten minutes into the night, (Y/N) found Jake at the bar.

"So how you feeling?" she asked as she held up two fingers to the bartender. 

"Honestly, not as good as I had hoped. I thought once I got out all of that would be behind me, but I'm having a hard time letting go," Jake confided.

"Have you talked to Amy about it?"

"No, I don't want her to worry. You know how she is. She'll get all worked up about it, and that's the last thing she needs right now."

"I get it. You can always talk to me, I am your sister after all. Well, half-sister, but you get the point. If you could get through the Crap-cident of freshmen year, you can get through this."

"I told you that in secret!" Jake hissed.

"Oh Jakey, you knew that would come out again sometime."

"So how's the Nine-Nine been?" Jake changed the subject from the mortifying memory.

"Busy. Everyone was working their asses off with their regular cases plus the extra task of getting you and Rosa out. Scully and Hitchcock had a hotdog eating competition though! It was very unsettling and yet, one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed."

"Aww man! I can't believe I missed that!"

"Well if it makes you feel better, Charles was spit firing sexual innuendos left and right the whole time."

"Yep. No. I'm glad I wasn't there."

"So you excited to finally be back with Amy?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow while she waited for an answer.

"Oh yeah, I was going insane alone in there. I even made a mashed potato Amy in solitary," Jake confessed. 

"Oh, Jake," (Y/N) said with disappointment clear in her tone.

"Yup."

"Oh, Jake."

"Mhmm."

"Jake Jake Jake Jake Jake."

"It wasn't weird! All I did was talk her up a little," Jake defended.

(Y/N) snickered and winked at her brother. "Suuuuure you did."

"Hey, I was the one who was in prison for a month! I should be asking you the questions!"

"Fine, but there's nothing to tell."

"Really?" Jake dragged out suspiciously.

"Try me," (Y/N) challenged.

"Did you break up with him?"

"Who, Joel?" she questioned to which Jake nodded his head. "Yup! While you were in jail. Slept like a baby."

"Noice! He was an ass and totes not your type."

"Tell me about it. And let's face it, Joel, ya boring!" she rolled her eyes and took a sip of beer.

"What about Diego?"

"What about Diego?" (Y/N) returned the question.

"Anything going on between you two?" Jake questioned, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Eww no, he's like a brother to me. But he is doing well if you must know."

"Am I not a good enough brother for you anymore?" Jake brought his hand up to his heart, feigning hurt.