Chapter 11

Detention with Black

Sirius Black smelled coconut when he smelled the Amortentia potion, the grey eyes I saw, they belonged to him. That ment he was also an unregistered Animagus and probably Potter and Peter too.

I laughed bitterly. Why did Remus not tell me? I thought we trusted each other.

Unable to sleep I decided to wander around a bit. I slipped out the common room, hopefully unnoticed and began to walk around. Listening to the wind outside calmed me as I wondered aimlessly.

As I walked I heard footsteps. I made a sharp turn and found myself face to face with Filch, just my luck.

"Detention!" He cackled evilly, "Tomorrow at 8:00 PM. Do not be late."

I returned to the common room feeling upset. My first detention in all my years at Hogwarts.

When I got to my common room I told Lily what happened and she gave my a symphonic look and we said a small prayer and then we all decided to go to bed.

<><><>

That day went by quickly and then it was time for detention. As I ran through the halls I crashed into someone, "Ouch!" We both cried in shock.

Then when I looked up I saw Sirius Black. What a joy, "What are you doing here?" I asked suspiciously.

"Detention." He said simply shrugging his shoulders, "You?"

"Detention." I said suddenly feeling embarrassed.

Black laughed, "Well then little old America finally got detention, didn't she?" He said laughing.

"That's Ms. America to you." I said beginning to laugh as well. We laughed for a good two minutes before I suggested that we head over to wherever Flitch wanted us to be.

"You will be cleaning the Great Hall." Flitch said angrily.

We handed over our wands and began to clean. It was quiet for a little bit but did it stay that way for long. Before I know it I was covered in soap. Turning around I saw Black standing there.

"Your going to pay for that Black!" I said laughing.

Then for the next hour of so we threw soap and water at each other. Then just before Flitch came in I decided to work on my wand less magic a little bit.

Scorgo. I thought slowly doing small motions with my hands. Immediately the Great Hall became spotless.

Sirius watched me in awe, "Wordless and wand less." He said quietly.

I grinned and then decided to ask him about what happened two nights ago, "Were you the black dog I saw." I said quietly.

He nodded his head as if he was unsure, "Does that mean you were the husky?" He said almost smiling.

I nodded and we both burst out laughing. When Flitch finally came in we both walked out a laughed our way to the common room as we exchanged stories.

We decided not to go to bed just yet and to just talk until we were tiered. A little while after I soon started to feel tired. Next to me I noticed Sirius getting tired as well. I smiled and than curled up next o him as I fell into a deep and comfortable sleep.

<><><>