Chapter 14

I then explained to them what happened and Marlene pumped her first into the air, "Are you two an item?" She said grinning mischievously.

"Absolutely not." I said defensively, "I agreed to go on one date with him."

"Which will soon be many." Marlene said grinning.

I finally gave up knowing that I was not going to win and faked fainting dramatically. We all burst out laughing and decided to help each other study.

"What about you and James?" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"Absolutely not! Potter is an arrogant toe rag!" She huffed.

Marlene and I laughed and we decided to take a walk, "Let's go fin Severus." I suggested.

We all nodded and went looking for him. As we walked we noticed a huge crowd, "What's going on?" I shouted as we made our way to the middle.

Lily and I growled when we got there. We saw Potter and Black standing there dangling Severus in the air, humiliating him.

"Potter put him down!" Lily shouted.

"Only if you go out with me!" Potter shouted back.

We both growled in disgust, "Not even if you were the last person on Earth. Now let Severus go!" Lily shouted angrily.

"I don't need help from you! You mudblood!" Severus shouted back.

Everyone gasped and I could see tears forming in Lily's eyes.

"Take that back!" Potter roared.

"It's not like your any better." Lily scoffed.

"But I would never call you that...that word." Potter protested.

I grabbed Lily's arm and we stalked of, "Emily!" I heard Black cry, but I ignored him, I can't believe I thought he was okay, because he certainly wasn't.

Maybe God would forgive me this one time.

We both stormed towards our dormitory, ignoring everyone around, both feeling two things, anger and betrayal. When we got there both of us collapsed on a bed and I did my best to comfort Lily.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

Lily shook her head, "What did you do? It was Snapes, Potter's, and Black's fault." Lily said almost confused at my statement.

I didn't say anything more and we sat there in silence, trying to process what had just happened. 

I then put my head down and began to pray silently. Lily put her arm around me and we then began to pray together. Still unsure wether we should forgive them or not we sat up and waited for Marlene, or even Alice or Mary.

"Do we have to forgive? Like truly forgive them." Lily asked quietly.

"At some point." I said not really wanting to forgive them at all.

Lily nodded, but I could tell she did not wish to forgive them either.

Then Marlene came bursting in, "Miss me!?" She half yelled as she slung her arms around us.

Lily and I burst out laughing and we began to forget (more or less) about the boys.

We sat there and talked and decided that we were going to Marlene's house whenever summer came. It may be a long way away but we needed to talk about something.

With this plan in mind we (meaning Lily) decided to study for OWLS, while Marlene and I decided to sneak into the kitchen so we could eat since we decided to skip lunch and dinner.

Feeling better I sent a silent "thank you" to God and quickly made a trip for food.  

Then I remembered I was staying with the Potter's for Christmas. My life was officially ruined.

<><><>