Chapter 18

A Date with a Promise (above is Emily's outfit)^^^

I woke up on Saturday morning feeling full of energy. I decided to savior the moment while it lasted and finally dragged myself out of bed.

"Wake up ya'll!" I yelled as I yanked open the curtains.

They both groaned.

"I have cinnamon rolls!" I yelled.

Immediately both of them were up and in front of me, "Where?" They both asked eagerly.

"Downstairs in the kitchen." I said grinning.

Marlene punched me in the arm, but they both got dressed and went downstairs. Once they were finished we decided to get ready for our dates.

When Lily and I were both presentable Marlene grinned at us, "Now ya'll have fun, but not too much fun." She said with a grin.

Both of us hit her shoulders and walked out to the common room, "What are you going to do?" I asked Marlene.

She blushed, "Umm, well, Remus asked me to, umm, hang out with him."

Lily and I squealed, "Yes girl!"

We all laughed. Yep, my friends were defiantly something else.

As we stepped into the common room we saw the boys waiting.

"Hello guys!" We all yelled.

Their heads immediately snapped in our direction. We all burst out laughing at their expressions and hooked arms with our date for the day. Poor Peter decided to go to the kitchens.

"Shall we go then." I said in my best British accent (which I still couldn't do properly even though I'm surrounded by British people).

They all laughed and we headed to Hogsmeade.

"You look nice, by the way." Sirius said when the three groups had parted.

"Why thank you kind sir." I said grinning.

Suddenly Sirius grabbed my upper arm and began pulling me , "Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see." He said with a sly grin.

Finally we came to a stop in front of a small pasture. It was green and full of life. I looked around and. Saw a small blanket with a basket on it.

"Sirius, you certainly know the way to a woman's heart." I said as I hugged him.

He grinned and pulled me in the direction of the blanket, "Come on." He said playfully.

He opened the basket and I saw a pile of food. Immediately I picked up the basket and began to walk away, "It was nice doing business with you." I said but Sirius followed me.

"Hey! I was the one who brought it her." He said groaning.

"Sirius. Sirius. Sirius. You really thought that I was going to share this with you." I said teasingly.

"Yes." He pouted.

I sighed, "If I must."

We both began to laugh and I said a small grace for the food. Once we about to finish Sirius suggested that we go to the Black Lake. I followed him and we exchanged funny stories about our past.

"It's funny to think that at first we were neighbors and now I'm living with your best friend." I said lightly leaning on him.

"It's like fate." he grinned.

We both lie down in the grass and watched the lake. I then picked up a rock and threw it into the lake.

"What ever are you doing!" Sirius said trying not to laugh.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Throwing rocks."

He rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets protectively, "Can I ask you a question?" He said siriusly.

"You just did." I pointed out with a smirk.

He breathed in heavily, "I really like you, okay' and-well I was wondering if you would do me the honors of being my girlfriend."

"Yes." I said smiling not knowing what else to say and in truth I like him to.

Then just like that he kissed me, slow and passionately. Then he pulled out a ring and and backed up, "A promise ring." he said quietly, "I promise too always love you."

"And I promise to always love you." I said gently a feeling of warmth filling me.

I then pulled out a string of my hair and then pulled out a string of Sirius' hair. I intertwined them and put the ring on it.

The ring was small, silver and it had our initials engraved on it.

"I love it." I said.

He kissed me once again and we went to check on James and Lily. With luck, maybe James was still alive.

<><><>