Chapter 7

[Jasmine's pov]

I tried to kick the persons hands off of me, but I wasn't strong enough. I found myself being dragged deeper and deeper into the water. My lugs were filling up and my vision was becoming blurred.

They let go of my leg and swam in front of me. I could see who it was trying to kill me. I pushed myself up but hands snacked themselves around my neck.

She was suffocating me. I tried to get her grip loose but she just pushed me down till my body hit the pool floor. I fought with her but my body was too fragile.

My breathing gradually stopped. She smiled and shut my eyes.

[Jungkook's pov]

I was scanning the pool looking for Jasmine, when Georgia came up breathing heavily. I frowned. She had scratches all over her arms, but had a huge grin on her face.

She walked over to me and sat on my lap. She pecked my cheek. "Why are you so jolly." I frowned, she was more giddy than usual.

" Because I ended something that needed to end."
Her grin just grew wider. Something felt off, there was a lump in my throat seeing her looking so smug and smiley.

Mandy ran over to me. "Kook have you seen Jasmine?"

I simply shook my head. "Why?"

"She was in the pool, I turned my head to talk to Yoongi, I turned back around and saw her head go underneath the water, she never came back up?"

I was about to speak when Georgia interrupted me.
"I saw her go inside a few seconds ago."

Mandy frowned and nodded slowly, questioning her care for Jasmine. I did the same, she hates her. She told me herself she would kill her if she got the chance to, but I know she was just joking.

My sister walked away.

"I'm gonna have a swim."

I stood up and walked over to the pool. I dipped my feet in when my eyes noticed something red...like a jumper a few meters away from me under the water.

My eyes caught on to a silver necklace floating around. It looked familiar. I picked it up, and examined it.

It was the other half to Mandy's necklace. This one was Jasmine's and it said 'friends' ingrained in black.
"This is Jasmine's necklace. She never takes it off."

My eyebrows met in the middle of my forehead. I looked back at the red jumper, but it wasn't just a jumper. It was a body.

I managed to put two and two together. My eyes widened as I realized who it was.

"JASMINE!"

I divided in the water and swam down to her. Her eyes were closed and she had scratches on her neck. She wasn't moving.

I scooped her up in my arms and pushed off the pool floor.

I swam to the stairs and walked out with her lifeless floppy body in my arms. People started to noticed she wasn't moving. Taehyung and Mandy ran over to me.

I laid her down on the floor.

"What happened to her?" Mandy wept seeing her friend's lifeless body.

I ignored her question and started CPR straight away. She started sobbing loudly. Taehyung looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"Please bring her back Jungkook. I can't lose her."

I nodded repeatedly pumping her delicate chest. I pinched her nose shut and gave her mouth to mouth. It still wasn't working. I placed my hands on her chest and pressed down even harder than before.

My eyes were becoming watery, and there was slight pain in my jaw from me holding back my tears. "Come on Jasmine!"

Still no heartbeat.

—————
It's been about three minutes but I still kept going. I can't lose her. I just can't.

I was crying at this point. I had a hope she would wake up but with each pump that hope started to fade. "Please Jasmine." I muttered, just after that her eyes shot open and she was coughing up water violently. "fuck." I fell back and ran my fingers through my hair.

People started applauding, but it pissed me off. This is not some fucking theatre show. It's real life.

Mandy hugged me. "Thank you so much." she kissed my head but I felt nothing but guilt. She wouldn't be thanking me if she knew what I'd done to Jasmine.

I picked up Jasmine's shaking body and took her upstairs to her room. My sister and my closest friends followed me. I laid her cold weak body on her bed.

"Get me a towel please." I ordered.

Jimin ran to get one for me. He came back quicker than you could saw 'Jiminnie chim chim chimmy'

He threw it to me and I wrapped it around Jasmine. As I did I noticed hand marks imprinted on her neck.

I brushed my fingers on it and she flinched.

I sat down in front of her. She looked frightened. Her body was still in shock and was shivering viciously.

"did you drown Jasmine?" Namjoon question with a concerned look on his face.

Tae shook his head. "she can swim, she told me she was on the swim team for three years."

We all nodded.

"What happened then." Jin frowned.

I looked at her neck again. There was a perfect mark matching someone trying to suffocate her. "Someone did this." I said. They all looked at me in confusion.

Hoseok scoffed, "Who would want to kill her?"

Taehyung looked at her with a sincere gaze. "D-did someone try to kill you Jasmine?"

There was a pause for a few seconds. She slowly nodded.

Everyone gasped including myself.

"Who! Who did this to you?" Mandy looked irate, like she was going to rip someone's head off.

Jasmine looked up at me. I frowned. "G-Georgia."

I scoffed in disgust. Everyone else was silent. I jumped off the bed and ran downstairs. They all followed me except for Jasmine.

"Where the fuck is she?!" I yelled.

I saw her talking to her friends. I walked over to her but was held back by my sister. "Jungkook, let me."

"I need to say something to her first." I told her. She nodded and let me go. "Hey!"