Final form with a side of cuddles (Gore warning)

Ceil's POV

'Ceil listen to me.' Kinume stands before me. She's still smiling but it looks broken and hurt.

'I died. In the facility, you were also in. I don't know why I'm here or why you can see me. But I need you to help me help Mirai. Please.' I stare at her unable to comprehend any of this. I can see ghosts?! WTF?! That can't be possible! I'm going insane!

'You're not real.' Kinume shakes her head.

'No I'm not, but I once was. Ask Mirai, she knows my name in sign language.' She shows me a couple of gestures which I assume mean her name. I turn weakly to face Mirai. I shakily bring my hands up, why won't they stop shaking?

'Kinume' Mirai's eyes widen a fraction. She makes a sign with her hands but I don't understand it at all. Haskell looks between us.

'She's asking how you know that.' I glance at Haskell, I feel too exhausted to be doing anything.

'Why does she want to know?' Haskell turns once more to Mirai and begins doing their hand thingy. I don't even care right now, all I want is to reset today and never mention Kinume again. Haskell turns back to me.

'She says that Kinume died.' I flinch, hard. I look back to Kinume and she's still standing there with that same stupid smile but so many things were so very, very, different. She looked a mess. Her once barely wavy hair was tangled like a birds nest. Flecks of red streaked throughout it. Her hair covered her left eye, heavy streams of blood flowing from beneath. The once light blue eye has turned to a dull grey, filled with exhaustion and despair. She was wearing a terribly ripped hospital gown, there's something wrong with her-ohmygodhergutsarespillingouteverywhereand

I immediately turn to throw up. Haskell rushes over to my side and starts patting me on the back. I didn't really feel it though, my mind racing with what I just saw. What the hell was that?! I turn back to Kinume expecting the gruesome sight again but she's turned around, wearing her previous purple dress again. She turns to face me once more.

'I'm so sorry Ceil. I didn't mean for you to see that at all...' She looks remorseful at least.

'Why did that happen? What was that?' She remains quiet, a silent frown resting upon her face. One I've never seen before.

'That's how I looked when I died. It happens when I feel unstable or overly unsure. I was hoping you wouldn't turn around...' She looks away from me looking guiltily at the floor.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you and your family. But I know you're looking after Mirai now so I can finally move on after all these years...' She looks to me once more, another smile replacing the frown.

'I know I'm asking a lot but I'm sure you'll be able to handle it.' She looks towards Mirai once more.

'And yet...despite feeling this I haven't moved on yet. Why can't I just leave you be?' Her brows creased in frustration.

'Ceil!' I jolt. Haskell's sharp yell reminding me of my surroundings once more. I turn to Them. They look visibly upset. Holding back tears, face tight and flushed.

'Can you hear me?' I nod my head.

'Finally. Are you feeling better now?' I nod once more, my throat sore from all the bile I had thrown up. I peer at Mirai who is standing behind Haskell. I expected her to be traumatised or something but no, she had the same blank look on her face still. I guess she's already been traumatised enough.

'Are you alright Mirai?' She doesn't respond and Haskell smacks me upside the head, I rub my head absentmindedly, I guess They were pretty annoyed with me.