(Part 1) uh oh there's more than one part

Now back to my terrible indecision, featuring disappointment, a mental breakdown and yours truly. 

I don't even know what to do. 

I think I'm gonna go see Haskell, have them help me, then have them go help Mirai and I shall deal with Kinume...wherever she is. I walk into Haskell's room where they're just lying on their bed with headphones in. 

They look rather tranquil actually...oh well. I walk over and pull out their earphones, then proceed to yell in their ear.

'I NEED HELP!' They jolt up in shock and whip around to face me. They snatch their earphones back and yell back at me.

'I KNOW YOU DO! WHAT'S NEW?' Owch...but true. I smile at them and they just huff at me.

'What do you want?' Haskell continues to glare at me and awaits my response. I take in a big breath and go into a tangent about what happened. They simply wait and listen until I finish. After I finish they still remain quiet but hum to themselves.

'Well I don't see the problem.'

'What?' Haskell crosses their arms across their chest.

'You like her don't you?' Do I like Kinume?

'Yes you do.' Oh wait I said that outloud. I shake my head furiously.

'I don't know if I do! How am I supposed to know?!' Haskell just rolls their eyes at me.

'You like her, besides if you don't know why don't you just try it out? The only way to find out if you do is date her.' Since when were they so wise? Stupid logic and truth and whatever else.

'But I don't know where she is.'

'Then go find her.'

'It's not that simple!'

'Yes it is.'

'No it's- I mean yeah I guess but...but!' Haskell stands up and points their finger at me.

'Get your stupid ass out there and look for your princess otherwise Imma be the dragon and woop yo ass!' I salute them out of fear and dash out with a loud,

'Yes sir!' I close the door behind me and begin to scout. I hear the door open behind me again as Haskell walks out, probably looking for Mirai. I trust them to help her while I deal with my own problems. 

Anyways, the search for the missing Kinume has been commenced. I searched for quite a while before I ended up outside and finally saw her. I've never really appreciated nature before but it was hard not to with her glowing in the middle of it all. 

A large willow tree covered quite the expanse of area, luscious grass covered the ground for miles. Daisys, peonies and marigolds littered the ground in patches. 

Kinume sat underneath the willow, the sun setting behind her and casting a sort of ethereal glow behind her. She looked stunning in a way that was hard to describe. She wasn't facing me well she was facing towards the side. 

Her hair blowing in front of her face, her eyes cast downwards onto a pile of flowers in front of her. I muster my courage and walk up to her, for some reason I felt the urge to come up behind her rather than up to her face like a normal person but what can you do? 

As I finally reach her I pause and think about what I'm doing...what am I doing? 

What am I going to say to her? 

Hey I really like you, sorry that you thought I rejected you! Stupid Ceil.

'I'm sorry.' I jolt in place. Kinume's voice floats through the air, drifting away in the wind. She doesn't look at me. Her voice sounds despondent, absent of her usual grace or cheer.

'I didn't mean...' She trails off and doesn't finish what she was going to say. There's a sudden tremble in her shoulders and a slight shake of her head.

'It's okay if you didn't enjoy or even feel the same about me. I understand.' Her voice is self deprecating, it almost feels like she should be laughing but she doesn't.

'What am I doing? Why are these feelings so...so confusing?' I feel the urge to say something but no words are being processed.

'What did you come here for Ceil?' Kinume's voice is small and I barely hear it.

'I don't really know myself.' I say it because I really don't. Kinume doesn't move or speak again. I decide to just go with whatever my brain feels like saying.

'I came because...because I wanted to see you.' The wind pushes my hair in wild directions, gracing my face but also whipping out in front of me.

'I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I'm just not good with this kind of thing but...for once I think I know what I want right now.

I want to make a decision for myself, not because of something someone did or because of what someone said.' The words spill from my lips despite me not putting much thought into what I'm actually saying.

'I love you Kinume. I really, truly, love you.' I meant my words, I even sounded confident to myself. High five me! Haha. 

But now what? 

What if Kinume doesn't love me but she likes me instead. I didn't really think this through...I open my mouth to explain that she didn't need to feel that was but Kinume suddenly does a 180 turn off the ground and launches herself onto me. 

Her arms wrap around me and I stumble, my butt hits the ground but Kinume doesn't let go. 

Kinume is quivering in my arms and my shoulder feels wet from where her face is digging into. I pull her into a tighter embrace and just wait for her. I eventually hear her whisper to me.

'I love you too Ceil.' I feel a smile form from her lips as she hugs me tighter. Finally, something good is happening in my life.

There is a future out there for me after all.

Chapter 18 Part 1 End