4. Toys are breakable.

Scarlett POV.

I didn't want to be here today. I looked outside the window as we pulled up into the school parking lot. I was tired. And the school, as mundane as ever, was no help. Hoards of people flowed into the entrance like rushing water. They chattered amongst themselves, oblivious to anything outside conversation. My mind wandered elsewhere and got stuck on Ronan.

I thought of that night; I fell so deep in my space that I couldn't get out, I couldn't stop, I couldn't think of anything or anyone but him. Only him. That had never happened before. Not even with Rico. I was tired and frustrated and annoyed. Fascinated with the idea of taming him; bringing a boy as loud and as big and as cocky as he was to his knees. Having him tremble and writhe at my touch. Having him lose himself at my command. He made my daydreams more alluring; painfully tangible, yet still out of reach. It was like putting candy in front of a child and telling them they couldn't have any.

But that was a fantasy. The looming reality of life was that male submissive or not, he wouldn't want me. I wasn't the kind of person he seemed to surround himself with. I wasn't popular or into sports; I didn't seem to mesh well with his main audience. And besides, the centre of the universe was surrounded by galaxies, not voids of dark matter. Or black holes could do nothing but destroy. It would be ignorant to think otherwise. And if he was smart, he'd stay away from the one person who could mess with his reputation.

"Scar... Scar!" said an ominous voice, "Hello! Earth to Scarlett Holloway!"

I was pulled away from my daze and kidnapped in my reality. Candy sat in her seat, rolling her eyes to far back I swear she could see into the past.

"Yeah," I said, turning to her.

"You were explaining what happened after you so rudely ditched me and Dante on Friday," She repeated, eyeing me with motherly expectancy. No wonder my mother got along with her so well.

"By so rudely, you mean politely left before either of you spaced and fucked right before my eyes, right?" I commented as I hopped out of the car.

"Your momma said you came home in near space, what's that about?" She asked, stopping me in my tracks. I swear she spoke more to my mother that I did. Sometimes I got jealous of their relationship. I mean, anyone would when suddenly your best friend became your mother's favourite child. At this point I knew my mother would trade me in exchange for her at the blink of an eye.

My attribute was a secret kept by those closest to me. Candy knew better than to bring it up in a parking lot full of eyes and ears. She smirked as she made her way towards me as if she knew something I didn't.

"You met another potential, didn't you?" She whispered excitedly.

"Maybe" I murmured as I continued walking, unwilling to explain the situation. Like my mother, she'd only get over excited and do way more than what was necessary.

"So who's the lucky sub, come on you'll tell me right?" She asked.

"Ha. No" I said sarcastically as I walked into the school building, into the masses of rushing students.

"Why not!" She whined in annoyance.

"Because it doesn't affect my life in a way that matters,"

"Of course it does, I mean look at Dante and me," I cringed at the thought of becoming their reverse reincarnates. I mean, yeah I wanted a relationship as perfect as theirs but I never wanted to become so engrossed with someone that nothing else mattered. Watching it was enough.

"Ew. No. Gross, I would rather blind myself," I cringed in memory of all the times I'd seen them suck faces.

"Did you dominate him?" She asked curiously.