12 • The plan

Exiting the dungeon your eyes met Thor who was standing there with a proud grin on his face. "Right Odinson this better be good." His smile dropped as he spoke and became more serious. 

"We need to speak to my father."

"Why?"

"I've got a plan."

"Well, that means we're all gonna die." You said as you and Thor made your way to the throne room. 

Upon entering you heard Fandral talking to Odin. "We are still unable to restore the palace shields our artillery cannot detect them even Heimdall cannot see them. My king, we are all but defenceless." Before Odin could even answer you and Thor made your presence known. 

"She's your prisoner now? Leave us." Looking up at Thor you took one step back before he spoke up again. "(y/n) you stay." You nodded at the prince watching everyone else leave. Odin made his way down the stairs, he ignored Thor but glared at you. 

"I do not wish to fight with you," Odin spoke in a low soft tone to Thor.

"Nor I you but I intended to pursue Malekith."

  "We possess the Aether, Malekith will come to us." 

"Yes, and he will destroy us."

"You overestimate the power of these creatures." 

"No, I value our people's lives. I'll take Jane to the Dark World and draw the enemy away from Asgard. When Malekith pulls the Aether from Jane it will be exposed vulnerable, and I will destroy it and him."

"If you fail, you risk this weapon falling into the hands of our enemies."

"The risk is far greater if we do nothing. His ship could be over our heads right now and we'd never even know it." You snapped at Odin taking him by surprise.

"If and when he comes, his men will fall by ten thousand Asgardian blades."

"And how of our men shall fall on theirs?" Thor answered before you could say anything. 

"As many as are needed!" Odin yelled and you both as you and Thor shared a shocked look just as Odin spoke again. "We will fight! Until the last Asgardian breath, the last drop of Asgardian blood." 

"And how are you different from Malekith?" Odin chuckled at Thor's remark. 

"The difference, my son, is that I will win." Odin walked off, leaving you and Thor looking dumbfounded in the middle of the throne room. 

"Now what are we going to do?" 

"Follow me." 

"Can't I go back and see Loki?" 

"You've seen him for days he'll be okay." You huffed at him, you knew how Loki could be but things changed. Loki started to open up to you more, you began to learn about the man you once knew as a boy. The boy who needed a friend. The boy you now remembered. Whilst walking off with Thor your mind wandered, playing through your mind was a memory that you saw in the tapestry room. Loki and you were pranking Thor, Loki would turn into a snake let you hold him and give him to Thor to hold but that didn't last long when you saw Loki turn back into himself and stab Thor. You and Loki would sprint off clutching your ribs as you both burst out in laughter. You smiled at the memory that had resurfaced before focusing back onto Thor as you both sat down awaiting to hear Thor's plan.

"What are we doing again?"

"We're forming a team to save Jane and Asgard." Before you could answer Thor spoke again, but not to you.