Chapter 8

P.O.V

"Please?" I asked my parents for the millionth time.

"No Matthew, you can go visit her after school, you've been absent enough this year."

"What? When?" I defended,

"When you would go partying, and come home at who knows what time!" My mom scolded.

"Please? She's my girlfriend I need to be there for her!" I slammed my hands on the table.

"And you can be there for her after school," My dad protested, "End of story." He raised an eyebrow at me.

My girlfriend is sick and they won't let me skip school to take care of her. She's my girlfriend, its my obligation to take care of her no matter what.

"But I already told her that I was gonna take care of her though," I groaned, frustrated with all of this.

"And you can but after school." My mom told me for the tenth time tonight.

"I'll go call her," I slid out of my chair, placing my plate in the sink.

I walked up to my room dialing her number. After a few rings she picked up
"Hello?" She coughed.

"Baby how are you doing?" I but my lip, scared of what she would say. Yes, make fun of me. I'm scared of my own girlfriend.

"Horrible, now what's up?" She laughed. Her voice sounded a but off, her throat hurt.

"I can't take care of you until school finishes, I'm sorry." I sighed, "But you bet I'll be there right when it's done."

"It's okay, I mean don't worry about it I'll be fine." She reassured me.

"Are you sure?" I stretched the words,

"Positive," I heard her smile at the other end of the line.

"Okay, you love me more!" I teased her.

"Ew, No you love me more, loser." she laughed.

-

And with that I hung up, tomorrow was going to be living hell without my Lina.

________________________

I walked in first period to find an empty seat which the love of my life should be in but she had a cold. I was supposed to pick her up today and take her to my house to take care of her. I wanted school to be over already when it barely started.

"Hey, Bro you ok?" Sam asked from behind me, patting my shoulder.

"Yeah," I sighed, he reminded me of Lina being gone.

"Yeah, you ok?" Jack added, backing up Sammy.

"Yeah I'm fine," I nodded, bored reading all the crapy posters Mrs.Lozoya hung up.

"Hey, how about on Friday we go to a party bring your baby if she's still not sick?" He offered, "It'll be fun,"

"Okay," I nodded taking up his offer.