Chapter 18

Lina's P.O.V

*1 month later*
-

"Lina leggo!" Amber yelled rushing down the stairs. Her hair went everywhere as she bounced going down.

"I'm coming!" I shouted back grabbing my phone and following her.

We both jumped in the car.

"Were going to be late..." she sighed

"Amber calm yourself, it's a highschool party not your interview." I reminded her.

"I want to see Sam." She smiled to herself. Her and Sam were happier than ever, Sam and Jack had planned a trip to Cali for the first month school was out. Matt had gone with them in the end. I hadn't see him since that night in the rain.

"Oh yeah, they came back today?" I sighed a little bit.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him since he left for LA a month ago and I want to see him!" She yelled backing out.

We rode in silence for a while, I watched the neighborhood go by as we drove. I hope Sam isn't there, because mostly likely he will be there.

"Hey if he's there, I'm leaving." I said referring to Matt.

"Lina more than likely he'll be there, but you haven't been single for almost seven - well nine months. Have fun."

"But, I love him."

"The reason you said you two broke up is because you couldn't trust him and until then you guys are done, well that means your single so HAVE FUN. "

"I don't know, its not that easy."

"Look I know your not over him, so I'm not saying to hook up or anything but just dance. Maybe drink I don't know" she laughed.
-

We opened the door to see the typical party; Drunks and skanks. It was about midnight and the party had started a couple hours ago which made us 'fashionably late', or whatever it's called.

I immediately lost Amber in the crowd and found the kitchen. I served myself some lemonade or looked like lemonade.
Damn this is good.

I finished the rest and poured myself some more.

"Lina? What the hell are you doing? " Amber shouted coming towards me.

"Having fun." I said giggling. "You said,"

"I'm a hundred percent sure that's alcoholic." She frowned looking at the bowl.

"Well it's delicious." I slurred, most likely drunk.

She took a sip and looked sickened, "Ew, well don't get drunk."

"I'm not that stupid." I lied, whoops.

"Great then lets go dance."

She pulled me up and we found our way through the crowd to the dance floor. We soon reached the middle and danced. The energy was insane. This was really fun, but hell was I tired. I needed fresh air. I looked around and found the back entrance.

I pushed my way through the crowds of people, opened, inhaling the cool night air.

I looked around at my surroundings, this backyard is really nice. The rock path led to a lounge with chairs and a fire place. Then it led to a pool that had a waterfall. On the top of the waterfall was a hot tub. The path went around the pool and to a garden with a ledge to sit on. Matt was sitting there, and then the path led to the- Wait, Matt?

Matt. He looked up and we looked into each others eyes.

"I miss you, so goddamn much." he said putting his head in his hands. Still sitting on the ledge.

"Matt.." I sighed walking over to him, sitting down. It hurts seeing us like this.

"How much longer, I can't do this, I miss you."

"I do too but I can't trust you Matthew."

"Please" he begged, grabbing my hands with his.

"You haven't gained my trust yet." I pulled them away, not comfortable with his touch. It felt like if he even laid a finger on me I would break into pieces.

A tear rolled out of his left cheek.

Legend says if a tear comes out of the left its of sadness and the right is happiness.

"But I miss you, so much." "I-I miss you too."

"How can I gain your trust then?"

"Its just going to take time Matthew,"
"Don't call me Matthew, call me Matt." He corrected, "Aren't we friends?"

"Of course. "

"But I want more."

"You can't have everything you want. "

"Friends? So simple all you do is talk and hug. But when you're dating you open to so much more. And I'm used to that with you."

"I'm sorr- oww " I stopped my head throbbed. I started getting a headache. My head felt like it was going to explode.

"What's wrong? " he said

"Aw my um my head hurts.." I shut my eyes, everything got a little blurry.

"Did you drink the yellow stuff? "

"Yeah, like 3 cups why ,Owe!"

"Lina! That had like three types of vodka and beer!"

"Ohh," My head throbbed, "You tell me that now."

Everything started going really blurry. I felt someone pick me up and run out of the house.

"M-Matt? " I whispered in pain.

"Yeah?" He said buckling my seat belt, assuming we were in his truck.

Then everything went black.