Chapter 14

*Matt's POV*
-
I'm such an ass. How could I? What the hell is wrong with me? I don't expect her to forgive me. Ever. But I really hope she does. I'd be broken.

I don't expect Rachel to forgive me either.

*flash back*

"C'mon Matt," Rachel said dragging me to the ferris wheel.

"I don't know, I promised Lina I would go on with her," I bit my lip, deciding to whether or not.

"She won't know we went on, please?" She pulled me towards the ferris wheel again.

"I'm not sure," I stopped.

I haven't seen Rachel in almost a year. I mean what Lina doesn't know, won't hurt her right?

-

We stepped onto the cart and sat down, looking at everyone else down below, they stopped after every minute. Letting more people on.

"So you and Lena, Is that her name?" She asked, not sure. She sat with her legs crossed.

"Lina," I corrected, her beautiful name.

"Oh, how long have you guys been together?"

"Today is seven months," I said smiling. "That's nice, she's really pretty." Rachel comments.

"Yeah I know, she's gorgeous." I looked down. Lina was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Well she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

As we rode to the top, the wind picked up, Rachel's hair flew everywhere. She grabbed a rubber band, and put her hair up.

"Holy crap, its freezing." she mumbled, rubbing her temples.

"Come here," I said while wrapping my arms around her to keep her warm.

"Thanks," she mumbled in my chest.

"No problem." I shook my head, looking down at the people below us.
Almost at the top, they looked like tiny ants.

She looked up and smiled at me. I remember when we were little our family would always say we were best friends to fall in love, but the thing she always had feelings for me, but I didn't .

She kept smiling, but she leaned in.
And so did I.

.

Our lips connected slowly and

and I felt, I felt absolutely, absolutely

Nothing.

.

I felt absolutely nothing . I didn't feel sparks, I didn't feel butterflies go through my stomach. My heart didn't race. It was just a kiss. It wasn't anything special like Lina's
We pulled away .

"Matt, I love you." she said.

I kissed her forehead instead of responding, I didn't feel the same way .

*End of Flashback*

The kids next to me talked amongst themselves, without a care in the world. Talking about their summer vacations coming up. School ended tomorrow.
Sam and Jack we're leaving to LA for a month, what was I gonna do? If anything I was gonna be alone for a month. Without a girlfriend and a best friend.

I'm such an ass. I kissed another girl, I'm breaking both of their hearts. My best friend's and my girlfriend's. I'm losing one of them, just who could I live without?

I have no fucking idea. Here I am ignoring my girlfriend, and tossing my best friend's feelings like a baseball. I'm such an ass.