Chapter 5

*Two days later*

Matthew, this boy was driving me crazy. I don't know where I stand with him, I don't know what I mean to him. All I know is that every time I think of him, all I wanna do is be with him. I don't know why. Every girl knew not to mess with him except, Marquix his ex girlfriend. They dated about a year ago and she cheated on him, from what I heard.
He never really looked like he cared though, she always gave me ugly looks, I'm guessing because she still liked him. She flirted with him too, nothing was wrong with it, we weren't dating, but I didn't like it. She better quit her shit.

I walked in to first period, shuffling to my seat. "Hi beautiful," Matt greeted me as I sat down.

"Okay, Roll call," Mrs. Lozoya called. I zoned out, only paying attention to when she called my name, "Here," I called. I looked around, nothing much to see. Until I spotted Marquix, eyeing Matthew. She flashed a devious look at me, only to go back to smiling at Matt. Two faced much?

"Starting off our presentations, Amber and Jack Gilinksy."

Amber rolled her eyes, still mad at the thought of being partnered with Jack. As for Jack, he seemed to have no problem with it. Enlightened Matt and I didn't go first, I laughed at Amber as she walked past me to the front of the class, "Ah, Loser!" I fake coughed. She rolled her eyes, once again.

Amber started wanting to get it over with, "Love is like a roller coaster, sometimes it goes up sometimes it goes down. Sometimes it goes in circles and every so often it completely stops and you have to be escorted out. Love is unpredictable, the hard part is choosing which one to ride."

In that case I hope I'm choosing the right roller coaster, I really hope I am.

Jack started, smirking, "Love is hard to find, you gotta try with lots of people for love. Let's just say I'm still looking for love," He finished with a wink.

"Thank you Amber, A plus. As for you Jack, F. Next we have, Mr.Espinosa and Ms. Acosta."

I stood up, immediately hearing a, "Ah, Loser!" Knowing it was Amber.
I wasn't that nervous, but you could certainly tell Matt was. His psalms were sweaty, looking like if something was bothering him, so I went first.

"Last night I approached my eight year old sister and asked her what love is. She thought for a moment and replied, 'Love is when a puppy licks your nose even when you left them alone all day.' So what my sister was saying is that even if you hurt someone, they'll love you regardless. Love is forgiving and forgetting. Love is a unconditional commitment to an imperfect. To love somebody isn't just a feeling, it's a descision, a judgment, and a promise."

Matt's P.O.V

I faced Lina, wrapping my arms at her waist.

"What is love? In math, an equation. In history, a war. In chemistry, a reaction. In me, it's you .Before you came I wasn't looking but when you did you turned to be everything I was looking for, " I kissed lightly on the lips, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked, getting down on one knee.

"Of course," She replied, smiling.

In the backround, the whole class,"Awe,".

__________________________

*Later that day*

The bell rang, I walked out of class as did everyone else. Lina was walking down the hallway, I ran up to her grabbing her stomach, "Hey gorgeous," I kissed her ear.

"Agh, Matt!" She shouted, happily.

Her smiled warmed my heart. Everything that she did warmed my heart, she was absolutely perfect.