16. Numb

*Because We Hit 5K Loves*

Essence

I sat in the tub soaking and thinking about the whole trip. Once again, Pharaoh gave me amazing memories to cloud out the old miserable ones. As I sipped my wine, I could really see a future with Pharaoh. I never thought I'd consider a relationship ever again... but Pharaoh does something to me. It didn't even It me until I was soaking in the tub that Pharaoh was pretty much my first time. It felt so childish to think about but I really made love for the first time.

I blushed as I finished my glass and went washed up. I got out of the tube, lathered up and put on my pajamas. I wanted to wait on Pharaoh to come back but it was almost 11 and Jordan has been back since 6 something. Just as I picked up my phone to check on him for the second time, he walked through the door looking stressed.

I watched his every move as he undressed to his boxers, walked around, kissed me softly, then walked into the bathroom for his night routine. Something was clearly off with Pharaoh and he was holding it in. We both knew we still needed to talk but whatever was going on with him was getting addressed first.

When he came out of the bathroom, he was wrapped in a towel. I sat against the headboard of the bed and watched him lather himself up before putting on his boxers. I was waiting for him to sit down but he kept moving around the room picking up random things and putting them down somewhere else. I got tired of waiting so I stopped him.

"Babe stop" I shook my head "Come here"

He sighed before nodding and sitting on his side of the bed. His back was to me and his head was down. I moved over so that I was right behind him with my back still against the headboard.

I rubbed his back gently "Talk to me Rao... clearly something's bothering you"

"It's complicated Ess" he sighed

"When has anything that bothers either of us not been complicated" I chuckled "No matter what happens between us, you're still my best friend and we can talk about anything. You don't need to be stressed out"

"But it don't work that way baby" he looked back at me "We blurred that line--shit it aint even blurred! We both know what we want out of this--"

"And no matter what it is we want, we gone be best friends first! Rao I'm not going to closed our friendship for a relationship... and I hope you wouldn't either"

"You're saying that now"

"When have I shown you my word aint good enough" I was slightly offended

"I didn't mean it like that" he turn his body so he could grab my hands "I know you mean what you're saying"

"Do you trust me though?"

"Of course!"

"Then talk to me! Rao I promise their is nothing that's going to make me that upset"