25. Family First

Pharaoh

I knocked on the door to Harmony's apartment so we could head to her appointment. She came out and we headed to the car. I stopped at Wendy's to get her some food. We went inside so we could y'all while she ate.

"You not hungry?" She asked

"Nah I already ate" I sat back "You ready to talk like adults"

"Don't be condescending. I already apologized. I'm hormonal and have a right to go off every once and a while"

"I can give you that if you going off about shit that makes since. We had our talk and I told you I'd think about it. I should've told you before I posted Essence but you already knew I was dating her this whole time"

"Yeah but you were just talking about us living together Pharaoh"

"As roommate so we can coparent. There are plenty of three bedroom places out here. And I'm not flaking on that idea because I have a girlfriend. I just want to peacefully coparent with you Harm. We've always been cool and I want to stay like that"

"We were cool because we were fucking"

"I wouldn't say that" he shrugged "But still we can be friends and coparent or we can just coparent. It's up to you really but I can't force myself to be together because we got a baby. If it was meant for us to be together then it would happen... but I don't think it is Harm. I'm sorry"

"I get it" she sighed "It's not that I want to force you to do anything. I just want the best for my son. Royal deserves the world and I want to give that to him"

"I agree" I smiled "But we gone have to rethink this name"

"You don't like Royal?"

"I just think it could be something different... like Kaiser, it means emperor"

"Kaiser Montague" she smiled "I like it"

"You sure?"

"Yeah" she smiled "I love it really. I got attach to Royal but Kaiser sounds better to me"

"Kaiser Montague" I smiled

We talk some more before we threw away her trash and headed to the appointment. Harmony was five months almost six and her belly was getting bigger. Her appointment was pretty simple and we were out within an hour. I took her home then headed to my house to kick it with my family. Essence text me she was already there, which was a surprise but my mom had a habit of calling her and talking for hours without me knowing.

When I got to my parents house, I headed inside loudly yelling for my family. My little brother ran up to me first but he pushed me outside. He's eyes were red and he seemed upset which put me on alert first.

"King what's wrong?"

"I can't tell you" he sighed with a shaky voice "But promise you not gone blow up"

"Huh?"

"Just promise Rao!" his eyes weld with tears

"Okay bro I promise" I pulled him into a hug "Whatever it is. It'll be okay. Alright? I gotchu"

He shook his head as we pulled a part and headed back inside. I followed my little brother to the mini library we had upstairs. My brother had me on edge but all family meetings in the library meant code red. I walked in and saw my mother crying, my father looked pissed, and surprising Essence aunt.

"Yo what's going on?"

"Rao Rao" my mom sighed before walking over and hugging me

"Ma what's wrong?"