23. Opening Up

Pharaoh

I watch Essence sleep with her hair covering half her face. She looked so peaceful as she slept. kissing her forehead and went to do my hygiene routine. I decided to head to the kitchen to make us breakfast. I didn't have class for the day but I knew she did. Essence was picky about break so I just made us some grits and bacon with some fruit. I leaned against the counter scrolling through IG waiting on the food to finish. I decided to post a picture of Essence and end the rumors once and for all. Its been going for almost a month and I felt like I could finally clear the air.

PharaohDa1st: She's mine and I love it 🤤😍 My best friend became my girlfriend 😉 No need to question it anymore 😏 THATS ALL ME #MyQueen #MySquishy #ForeverMyLady #BaeWatch

...

I smiled at the post before going back to the stove. Just as I was gone I felt Essence chest against my back as her arms wrapped around me.

"So that's how you feel" she kissed my bare back

"You know it" I turned around and kissed her "Good morning baby"

"Good morning"

We got our food and headed back to my room to eat. Everyone was already headed to campus but my boys had a habit of coming back home whenever they felt like it and I didn't want to be bothered with them. We ate and watched tv as we always did when she spent the night. She had already called and checked on the twins before they went to school so there was nothing to distract us.

"Baby" she called

"Yeah"

"I just wanted to call you baby" she laughed "I can't call you that"

"Why?"

"Feel weird" she shrugged "I'll stick with bae or baecon"

"That's fine with me baby" I kissed her "You okay?"

"Yeah" she sighed

"Nope" I turned off the tv "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing I promise" she tried to smile again but it didn't reach her eyes "Trust me"

"I do but I also know you"

She chuckled "How about this? You go with me somewhere, no questions, and I'll tell you what's on my mind when we leave"

"Don't you got class?"

"I'm not going this week. I already told all my professors"

"Ess seriously what's wrong?"

"Pharaoh you gotta trust me"

"Fine"

"Go put on a shirt"