30. Breaking News

June

Pharaoh

I woke up to my phone ringing nonstop. I had just fallen sleep so my irritations was on ten.

"Hello!"

"Rao!" I heard Harmony crying "It hurts!"

"What's wrong?" I jumped up getting dressed "Yo water broke?"

"Not yet" she sniffles "But the contractions are like five minutes apart"

"Shit Harm! Why you ain't been called me!"

"I thought it was a false al—Shit!"

"What's wrong?!"

"My water broke!"

I shook my head before hanging up. I walked out my condo and down the hall to Harmony's. We decided not to live together but I paid portion of her part of the bills for her Destiny's place. It was the easiest option that still kept a boundary between us.

When I got to the door, I used my key and headed straight to her room. She was on her hands and knees on the bed crying. She was already in a maxi dress so I grabbed her bags and took the down to my car. Once everything was in the car, I went back inside and picked her up. She cried the entire way to the car before calming down. She got in the back seat to lay on her side as I drove. I called my parents, Destiny, and her mother.

When we pulled up, I rushed her inside and went to park the car. I walked back inside seeing a bunch of doctors running towards the ER. I shook my head before going to the desk to find Harmony. They had checked her in and were calling the doctor. Destiny showed up soon after and we were all just waiting for the doctor. Harmony was trying to handle the contractions better but ended up just crying through them. I started rubbing her back while she laid on her side.

The doctor finally got there after two hours, only to check her and give us another hour before pushing. I stepped out once my parents said they were there. I walked into the lobby of the hospital, only to be surprise to see my parents and siblings sitting a good distance from a crying Kira.

"Hey yall" I hugged my parents and siblings

"Is he here yet?" Heiress asked

"Nah they said she should start pushing in about an hour"

"Is her mom on her way?" my dad asked

"Destiny said she changed her flight to tonight as soon as I called so she should be here soon"

"Let her know we'll pick her up from the airport" my mother added

"I will" I looked over at Kira "Hold on yall"

I walked away until I was standing in front of Kira. I knelt down in front of her causing her to raise her head and look at me.

"Ki--"

She cut me off hugging me and crying into my shoulder. I held her and shushed her trying to calm her down.

"Kira what's wrong?"

She pulled away and looked at me confused.

"Sis---"

"You don't know?" her voice shook

"Know what?"

"Everything happen so---"

"Pharaoh!" I turned to see Destiny "Come on! The nurse said she can start but she won't without you! Let's go"

"I'm coming" I looked back at Kira "What---"

"Go head" she sniffled "Congrats"

She sat back with her leg shaking, turning to look down the hallway of the emergency room. I got up and headed upstairs with Destiny and ran into the room. We both washed our hands before we each took a side beside Harmony. The nurse started breaking down the bed bottom then instructed me and Destiny to each take a leg.