Chapter 7: Laying the Foundations

David

Heh, it's been a while, hasn't it?

Ever since the USJ attack Shiggy had decided to go somewhere random, I tried asking around but all Kurogiri said was that he had something to attend to.

Don't even know why I cared in the first place.

As for me? Well, I had nothing to do, couldn't really show myself in public anymore due to being classed as a villain now... but that's a small price to pay for my goal. To bring upon a new age! After all, what's the point of being given a quirk if you can't even use it to its full potential? Our society could've easily adapted to it like an organism adapting to its environment, but it was those governments that screwed us over!

Their fear bred a new type of villain though, and that is what's going to be their downfall. I ain't no fool, however. To accomplish such a feat by myself is almost impossible... but I'll come up with something eventually.

Suddenly his phone rang which cut him off from his thoughts, David looked at the caller ID but gave a confused look when it said 'unknown.' He shrugged and answered it, holding the device to his ear.

David: Who's this?

???: Hello, David.

He was a bit shocked that this mysterious person knew his name, but he shook it off.

David: Okay, how do you know my name? Who are you?

???: My name is irrelevant to you, not when someone important has sent me to find you.

David: *Irritated* Damn it, stop being cryptic! Who's behind this?!

???: She was right about your impatience. *Sighs* Just go to the Jade Forest, it's located just south of the city.

David: And why would I go to somewhere that could potentially get me caught?

???: Well, *Chuckles* I'm sure you wouldn't want to pass up a good ol' family reunion?

The mysterious voice hung up. David set his phone down and began to process the information that the man just gave him.

The Jade Forest? That place has been abandoned for years, why would anyone be there? And what did he mean about a family reunion?

Something clicked in his memory, he was reminded of a story that his father had told him about many years ago. About the Jade Forest. Anger soon spread across his face.

David: *Clenching his fists* No... she can't be alive. He told me he finished her off for good! *Mumbling* Even now that damn forest still meddles.

???: Who are you talking about, Veer?

The ever-present voice caught his attention, it was only David in the bar at this point so hearing another voice startled him, but he immediately knew where it came from. He looked at the small monitor that said 'Voice Only.'

David: Oh, just some family matters, nothing important.

???: I've heard a few rumors of the Jade Forest, no one ever enters there due to some sort of spirit... but I'm sure you know the answer to that, don't you?

David: I- *Sighs in defeat* A few years ago my father got into a fight with my mother. Not the usual 'married couple dispute.' No, no, actual bloodshed.