Chapter 40: Final Ventures (Part 3)

Y/N

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

With each step he took, his heartbeat correlated to match. It wasn't accelerated, ironic given the situation Y/N had unwillingly found himself in, but he surely felt like his heart was going to explode from his body as it thumped heavily against his chest. Y/N walked up to the arena he was designated to, he stepped through the entrance gate and slowly clenched his fists nervously before releasing them. He repeated this action several times as he waited for the match to commence, so he decided to take a quick look around.

He'd do anything to take his mind off the upcoming fight, despite Ashido's kind reassurance.

Y/N: Huh, guess it's a city themed arena... Guess I won't have to worry about mobility issues.

Scarlet: Isn't this the same arena All Might trashed? Why does it look so... normal?

Y/N: *Looking around, seeing many buildings of various heights* Dunno, maybe we're in a different segment? The last fight took place in the centre, so maybe we've yet to encounter his destruction.

It didn't surprise him that this arena, of all to choose from, was assigned to him. After all, there were only ten in total for twenty students in a class. Y/N was the twenty-first student, and that meant a few changes needed to be made. This meant Y/N knew that he was gonna get an arena that would benefit him, just like the rest of his friends and classmates.

Scarlet: Should be fairly easy to navigate, just point and shoot and off we go. *Sighs* At least that Midoriya kid ain't here to screw me over.

Y/N: About that... Why did you want to make a comparison? The only offensive thing All Might performed was punching two teenagers.

Scarlet: *Unaware that Y/N couldn't see his grin* How about his beginning punch?

As Y/N went to pick up a small pebble that had been thrown from the previous match's conflict, he paused when Scarlet asked that question.

Y/N: You mean the punch that caused the most destruction using... wind pressure...

No fucking way...

Scarlet: Heh, yup! Wind pressure! And do you remember who used that in the Sports Festival?

Y/N: Are you suggesting that his quirk...

Scarlet: *Shrugs* Maybe, but I'm not too sure. It could just be some huge coincidence, there are over five billion quirk users on this planet, a few quirks are bound to overlap.

Y/N: But... is that even possible if otherwise?

Scarlet: Again, I don't know. But given how I saw someone with a lego brick for a head, unusual stuff is pretty "normal" in this world. *Sighs and mumbles* Wish that quirk would just shut up already...

On the other side of the arena, adjusting his cloak slightly, Voak waited patiently for the klaxon to begin the fight. He knelt atop one of the many placed buildings over thirty stories tall, silent yet concentrated as he prepared for his upcoming fight against Y/N, his former student. Despite actually agreeing to such a term in the first place, Voak didn't like the idea of fighting the son of his deceased friend, a son of whom he promised to protect and train.

Unlike someone.

Night-Stalker: *Sighs* Why did I even agree to this? Sure, I'm a good counter and everything but... is it right? I wanted to help the boy become something more; a decent fighter who could hold his own, but I never thought I would have to fight him for the sake of a test...