***

"Ntombela what's up?" Darren put his briefcase and cellphone on his desk, a few inches away from Siya's.
"Hendricks? nothing is up man, aren't you supposed to be coming in later today?" Siya asked
"I was but everything swerved, so here I am" Darren replied not taking his eyes of his cellphone.
"You mean Trish swerved?" Siya swung his chair around to face Darren.
"Yeah, she was at it again and I almost bit her head off " Darren let out a well unconvincing sigh.
"For the sixth time in, let me see.. twenty-one or is it twenty-two days?
" Siya pretended to be worried
"Geez! you're actually counting aren't you?" Darren chuckled and smiled for the first time since leaving Trisha yelling and cursing at him back at the apartment.
"Well somebody's gotta, I mean you're rapidly ageing and stuff but having a serious relationship requires more than a willing companion" Siya said seriously.
"Oh some sweet advice from a great sage slash benched super-player, uhm.. you currently sleeping alone, you haven't won any challenge since that coloured chick, what's her name again? Irene, yeah Irene" Darren folded his arms stupidly.
"Oh please man! we both know that's all on purpose, if I start winning again y'all two peep squeaks won't be able to stop me, but on a serious note, Darren you're in a bad relationship and you know it" Siya said more seriously this time around.
"Man tell me something I don't know, you know she's really getting too big for her own boots" Darren swinged his chair around.
"My point exactly, you know what to do bro" Siya said tapping a pen against his cheek.
"I do?" Darren asked soberly
"Yes you do, you need to get rid of her before she turns you into something we won't be able to recognize, something you yourself won't even recognize" Siya said
"You're so right man, as much as I hate to agree with you, I've no choice right now" Darren said
"You know for an A-plus asshole, you surely pack some legit advices" Darren added with a grin

"What advices? and the fuck you doing here Darren? aren't you post to be in bed right now?" Daniel sneaked in and then dumped a thick file next to Siya.
"Ah! the damned deeds again!" Siya sulked at the sight of the eminent workload.
"Oh, come on Ntombela, it's only an hour's work, just run through these.."
"And get back to you with the precise ownership, yeah I know thank you Daniel" Siya came through
"There you go then, why you crying though cause you know the drill?" Daniel cracked out and Darren joined.
"Looking chirpy hey Daniel, I take it you rolled over our little friend" Darren smiled
"Well guess the pity party is over then Darren" Siya slumped back to his desk and started on the thick file.