***

At about 12:35, exactly twenty-five minutes later, the voluptuous Melody came through.
"Hi guys, sorry I'm late hey" she practically begged. How the tides had turned, not so long ago she had an ace against them, but now here she is, at their mercy.
"No sweat babe, take a seat" Darren said casually.
"Thank you" she replied

"So what you saying is, you want me to flip my statement altogether but to Van Oosten's advantage? wow why can't I just withdraw my statement or skip town?" Melody asked anxiously
"See that wouldn't work for us, look you doing exactly what we tell you to do is the only win-win scenario for all of us here" Daniel said matter of factly.
"Ok I get you but here's a thing thou, I .." she struggled
"You what?" Daniel asked impatiently
"I already used some of the cash I got from Nkosi-Miller" she bit her lower lip and Darren thought it was steamy.
"Don't sweat it sweetness, we'll cover all those costs and more, just tell us you're in" Darren said nicely, too nice Daniel thought.
"Uhm.. ok I'm in" Melody sighed heavily.

"Oh you still here" Darren said as he got in his bedroom.
"Yeah, I couldn't leave after what happened in the morning" Trish replied putting hands on her waist.
HERE WE GO AGAIN! Darren thought.
"Oh? well I had a very long day, I'm just gonna take a shower and I'll see you after that" Darren removed his tie.
"Luckily I've already ran you a hot and comfortable bath, why don't we iron out some things before you bath" Trish suggested.
"Why don't you give me a break, I'm tired of going in circles with you, I'm happy with my current occupation, my current apartment and my current life, so why can't you do the same for me?why can't you?" Darren lashed out and then started for the bathroom.
"Darren, Darren!" Trish yelled
Siya was right, he needed to get rid of her, the apartment, the car and the money he had wasn't enough for her.

When Daniel got home, he was happy and satisfied with himself, he could hear his uncle Jacob sayin' "That was a lucky move kiddo, a lucky move!!"
But this wasn't a lucky move, it was intelligence and hardwork.
But those sweet victory thoughts were brutally cut off by a text message that came through.
"Drop Van Oosten or be sorry!" The text message read.