Chapter XVI

----

Jennie paced back and forth across the short length of her room. She had been pacing like this ever since she had texted Lisa and gotten her to agree to come over. She was excited to see Lisa, but anxious to talk to her about things. She wanted to fix things with Lisa, to make her feel secure with their relationship, in the best way she knew how.

But first they needed to talk.

When Lisa finally knocked on the door, Jennie opened it almost immediately, as if she had been waiting. (Because she had).

"Hey you," Jennie smiled warmly as she opened the door, stepping aside so Lisa could walk into the room.

"Hi," Lisa said quietly, forcing a small smile of her own.

Jennie watched as Lisa's eyes immediately drifter to Irene's side of the room.

"She went home for the weekend," Jennie informed her quickly as she shut the door.

"Oh," Lisa nodded. "So did you just invite me over to hook-up now that you have the room to yourself?"

"What?" Jennie asked as she moved to stand next to the blonde girl.

"Well, let's do it then," Lisa said, pulling her shirt over her head.

"Stop," Jennie objected, reaching to grab Lisa's wrist as she held her balled up t-shirt. "I invited you over because I missed you."

Jennie's heart sank when she noticed the way Lisa's eyes looked; they were dull and glazed over, apparently by welling tears.

"What's wrong?" Jennie questioned softly, still holding onto Lisa's wrist, which she now stroked gently with her thumb.

"Nothing," Lisa whispered, her eyes falling down to the ground.

Jennie used her other hand to bring her fingers to Lisa's chin, lifting it up so their eyes met.

"I don't know I'm being like this," Lisa sighed, her voice shaky.

"Talk to me, Please." Jennie begged gently, moving her hand slightly to tuck a strand of dark hair behind the girl's ear before cradling the side of her pace. 

"You drive me crazy," Lisa admitted, almost laughing.

"Here," Jennie directed, tugging on Lisa's wrist and guiding the girl to sit down on her bed.

Once Lisa sat down Jennie immediately joined her side, folding one of her legs and resting it against Lisa's as she faced her fully. 

"You drive me crazy too, you know," Jennie said softly, smiling at the girl.