Chapter XXIX

Jennie's POV

"Morning birthday girl," Jennie heard as her body was pressed down into the mattress. She immediately recognized the hushed voice as Lisa's, and she felt the girl on her back as she was lying on her stomach.

"Joy," Jennie groaned, burying her face into her pillow.

"It's  Lisa," Lisa teased as she pressed her lips to Jennie's cheek. "I was starting to get a little worried about how close you two were getting. Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

"She told you it was my birthday," Jennie mumbled.

"I wish you would have," Lisa frowned, sitting up on her knees so Jennie could flip over on to her back beneath her.

"I don't really like to celebrate," Jennie replied as she rubbed tiredly at her eyes.

"I know," Lisa sighed as she laid down next to Jennie, curling into her side.

"Joy", Jennie groaned again.

"It has to do with your mom?" Lisa asked hesitantly as she draped an arm over Jennie's waist and pulled their bodies closer.

"Yeah," Jennie nodded, slipping her arm underneath Lisa and up around her shoulders. "The day she left was my eight birthday. Every year the reminder that she was gone was still there and I guess my dad and I never really felt like celebrating."

"I'm sorry," Lisa said softly, pressing her lips to Jennie's skin as her face was tucked into her neck.

"It's okay," Jennie assured her as she brought her own lips to the top of the dark-haired girl's head.

"I love you," Lisa smiled weakly, sitting up and bringing a hand to Jennie's cheek before connecting their lips.

"I love you too," Jennie replied once their lips separated.

"Happy birthday Nini," Lisa grinned as she stroked Jennie's cheek gently.

Jennie reconnected their lips in response, quickly sliding on top of her girlfriend. Lisa let out a muffled moan as Jennie pressed their hips together, and Jennie smiled against her lips before moving her kisses to Lisa's neck.

"I was promised birthday sex," Jennie mumbled against Lisa's skin.

"What?" Lisa laughed, reaching to push against Jennie's chest lightly. "I don't remember promising that," she teased. 

"Joy did," Jennie smirked as she attempted to reconnect their lips.

"Then I guess you can get that from Joy," Lisa smirked back, still keeping their bodies separated by her hand on Jennie's chest. 

"Lili," Jennie pouted, sitting back and sticking out her bottom lip.

"I have some other things planned," Lisa smiled as she ran her fingertips up and down to the exposed skin of Jennie's thighs.

Jennie crinkled her nose in response.

"If you really don't want to celebrate your birthday we don't have to," Lisa said as she sat up. 

"I just told you how I wanted to celebrate," Jennie grinned, draping her arms over Lisa's shoulders as she was now positioned in the girl's lap.

"That's not exactly what I had in mind, but that's fine," Lisa relented, smiling back at the girl.

"What time is it?" Lisa sighed.

"Kind of early," Lisa laughed. "Like almost nine. I had a lot planned for today."