Take 10

INT. EPIC RECORD STUDIO. MIAMI. -- DAY

Camille arrives at work. She goes into a meeting with her MUSICAL DIRECTOR/GUITARIST DUKE and manager GRANT.

DUKE

So, we got a request from Sean's manager about a collaboration.

CAMILLE

You did?

DUKE

He sent me this awesome demo and I already kept working on it. We want you to do the collaboration with Sean.

GRANT

Camille, it'll boost the sales of your new album. We need every exposure we can get. We need this to work to further cement your success.

CAMILLE

Yeah, I know. I just ...

DUKE

This song was MADE for you. It's going to be a sound of summer hit, I feel it in my guts. Do you trust me?

CAMILLE

(laughs) Alright, alright. You know I can't argue with your guts after our last hit. Let me hear.

EXT. ISLAND RECORDS STUDIO. TORONTO -- DAY

Sean has lunch on the rooftop. He's composing with a guitar and records with his iPhone the lyrics he adlips.

ABRAHAM

THERE you are. Hiding up here in the cold. It's FREEZING.

SEAN

THAT happens, when you live in Canada. I'm working on some new music, it couldn't wait. Has the meeting started yet?

ABRAHAM

You mean, is CAMILLE here yet? Not in a couple of hours. You still have time to kill.

SEAN

Yeah, well ... we haven't seen each other in what feels like ages. I just want to talk to her in private, before we start. We need to clear some things.

ABRAHAM

You two do that before the collaboration starts. We can't afford personal issues to get in the way of our next hit. Emotions should be real in the production.

SEAN

(gritting his teeth) Believe me, it's going to get REAL as possible.

ABRAHAM

I meant, you two should have fun like last time to make it a hit. (pulls out iPhone)Let me check ... her flight is scheduled to land at 3 o'clock. Her manager is going to contact me when they need a ride.

SEAN

Actually ... I've got an idea.

INT. TORONTO PEARSON INT. AIRPORT. –- AFTERNOON

Sean standing at the arrival terminal. Holds big sign.

SIGN

Waiting for a Señorita.

People laugh about that. Take photos and post it on social media.

CUT TO:

CAPTURE ON INSTAGRAM

Waiting for my boyfriend at Toronto Airport. There's a guy there holding up this sign. So funny how he looks like that Canadian singer.

Camille emerges from the arrival gate. Sees Sean and jumps into his arms. The sign falls out of his hands. He holds her up, her legs wrapped around him. They whirl around.

CAMILLE

Oh my, you're so funny, Canada!

SEAN

Welcome to Toronto, Miami. I hope you brought your sweater.

CAMILLE

I'm freezing already!

SEAN

Don't worry, I'll keep you warm.

CAMILLE

(startled)...

SEAN

What I meant is ... 

Camille's manager Grant comes up.

GRANT

Hi Sean, you're picking us up?

SEAN

Yeah, that's me, your driver for today.

CAMILLE

Woah, didn't know you could drive.

SEAN

(smacks her butt) Smartass. Just because the record label always drives us to appointments doesn't mean I don't know how to drive.

CAMILLE

(teases) Hey, watch your hands. I might spank you back.

SEAN

I liked to see you try.

GRANT

(ducks his heads) Kids, keep it down ... We're in public AND in Canada.

CAMILLE

(grins) Seriously, Sean, such a nice surprise to pick us up. But, what about my roses?

SEAN

They would have frozen, til you landed.

CAMILLE

(sings) I'm not try'na start a fire, with this flame, But I'm worried that your heart might feel the same, And I have to be honest with you baby, Tell me If I'm wrong, and this is crazy

SEAN

(sings along) But I got you this rose And I need to know

CAMILLE/SEAN DUETT

Will you let it die or let it grow? Die or let it go? (both laugh like sharing a private joke)

GRANT

(looking around) Kids, I'm serious. You two are making people ... Uhm ... You're making ME uncomfortable being so ... friendly.

CAMILLE

Get over it, Grant. You know we haven't seen each other in months. Let me hold him for a bit.

GRANT

Looks more like HE is holding YOU. Up. Just keep an eye open for paparazzo.

SEAN

Dude, you're in Canada. People are respectful here.

GRANT

(points out) Saw plenty of people taking pictures of you two - over there.

SEAN

BUT they're keeping their distance.

CAMILLE

(laughs) So, Sean, where to?