Take 12

INT. SEAN'S APARTMENT. TORONTO. -– NIGHT

CAMILLE

Your place looks ... cozy.

SEAN

Thanks. You want a drink?

CAMILLE

Hot tea, please?

SEAN

Coming right up, get settle down.

CAMILLE

You're kind of bossy today. I don't know you like that.

SEAN

Maybe I just grown up.

CAMILLE

That must be it.

INT. SEAN'S APARTMENT. LIVING ROOM. -- NIGHT

SEAN

(brings two cups of tea, settles down next to her)

Why haven't you told me about you dating? All these months we chatted you never mentioned ANY guy in your life.

CAMILLE

(shifts, aware of his nearness)

I didn't feel it was worth mentioning.

SEAN

Wow, he must be thrilled to hear THAT.

CAMILLE

Just let it go, okay? Let's talk about other things.

SEAN

Yeah ... So how did you like the composition and the lyrics of our song?

CAMILLE

I loved it. Tell me about your visit with the songwriter who came up with this.

SEAN

(shows her his phone) Check out his cute daughter and her parent's Instagram. Her Mom will be my tour photographer and I'll meet them again next year.

CAMILLE

(finally relaxes) She's so CUTE! And she sang your songs better than you. (scrolling through his phone) The photos are amazing, her Mom will do great work for your shows.

SEAN

I came up with lyrics about the girl during the flight back home. She was so inspiring. I title it Our girl. (looks meaningful)

CAMILLE

(swallows) Do I get to hear it?

SEAN

I'll sent it to you when I've finished the draft and the melody. I miss this.

CAMILLE

(startled)

SEAN

(puts his on the sofa behind her) Us, hanging out. Just the two of us, chilling and talking. How's your music coming along?

CAMILLE

(leans into his side, cuddling) Some days it's hard. Some days there are lyrics in my head. It's an up and down. I'm afraid the fans won't like my next album.

SEAN

Yeah, I know that feeling. (both fall silent) That's why I want us to make something fun together, like this collaboration. We need to have fun in order to make great music. And we need to challenge ourselves to become better musicians.

CAMILLE

I thought of the bridge to pitch in.

SEAN

Want to improvise? Let me get my guitar. (stands up)

INT. SEAN'S APARTMENT. BEDROOM. -- NIGHT

CAMILLE

(follows him into bedroom, sparely furnished like Japanese style, but cozy)

You got MORE guitars? How many do you HAVE?

SEAN

Got guitar number 39 in London. I couldn't resist.

CAMILLE

You're like a guitar shopping king. I can't believe your wardrobe has more guitars than clothes.

(Looks through his open space wardrobe on the wall. There's a line up of different colored guitars. There's only a decent pile of white, black T-Shirts, long-shirts, black Jeans)

SEAN(sits down on bed)

Hey, I'm not the only musician with a collection. There are lots of other who have way more.

CAMILLE

Why don't you just borrow them like I do with my gowns? This way, you can have always the newest.

SEAN

Did you just compare my guitars to your gowns? They're not a fashion statement who get outdated. They're like my memories. I wanna keep and treasure each of them.

CAMILLE

(teasing) You probably named them all.

SEAN

(freezes, smiles embarrassed like being caught with his hand in cookie jar)

CAMILLE

(amused, but touched)

Oh my god, you DID name them all, did you? What's this red one's name?

SEAN

Christine. I've read the novel by Stephen King when I saw this one in a shop in Toronto.

CAMILLE

I would have guessed you named HER after Taytay's RED.

Are they all named after female names?

SEAN

All except one. This one I named Mayer.

CAMILLE

This the one John Mayer gave you when you started out?

SEAN

That's the one.

CAMILLE

(touches another guitar)What's this one's name?

SEAN

(hesitates)

Camila.

CAMILLE(recognize the similarity to her own name; takes the guitar up, plucks some strings; it sounds like RED by Taylor SWIFT)What's the story there?

SEAN

(looks serious, intense, focused?) There's no story there. I like her small size. Her body fits right in my hands. She's got beautiful curves and has strong strings attached. She's partly made of strong ebony wood and smells good. Despite her size she sounds throaty. She's got vibration. She's got impact. She rocks. The name came up and I had to have her.

CAMILLE

(puts the guitar back, gets closer, steps between his legs, holds breath)

You've got strong feelings towards that guitar.

SEAN

(touches her hips)

I do.