Take 19

INT. CAMILLE'S APARTMENT. MIAMI. -- NIGHT

It's been weeks since they saw each other in London. Camille gets back from work. In front of her building, there's a tall guy dressed in black sitting on the stone steps. There's a guitar case and a backpack next to him. It's Sean.

She throws herself into his arms. He falls backwards on the stairs laughing out loud. She claims a deep welcome kiss. They're wrapped up into each other, till they see Camille's family surrounding them, holding a cake, and presents.

SEAN

Happy birthday, love.

CAMILLE

Best present ever for my birthday!

CUT TO:

INT. CAMILLE'S APARTMENT. MIAMI. -- NIGHT

They're celebrating her birthday, having cake and fun, doing Karaoke with her family.

CUT TO:

INT. CAMILLE'S APARTMENT. LIVING ROOM. -- NIGHT

They're alone after her family leaves. They clean up together, then cuddle on her couch. He plays her some of his new work and they catch up.

CAMILLE

I'm in awe of your skills. You actually took your misery and made it out to be a fun song. Even if I never would have get to know you in person in the business or if we weren't dating, I'd be your Number One fan girl of your music.

SEAN

(teases)

When imagining dating a fan girl I rather though along the line of some cute girl from Toronto. Maybe a student majoring in art or business. Or even a girl with a teaching job.

I never imagined a fan girl with her own billboard number one hit under her belt and with her own huge fan base, where I need to fight off other guys to be able to walk next to you on the red carpet – most of them are celebrities themselves. But hey, I take what I can get. After all, you can't be choosy with your fans. I'm lucky I have any at all considering me being bullied making my own music back in school.

CAMILLE

Hey, when dating a man I never imagined him rising from an awkward boy, who would hide with his guitar in his trailer backstage to be a super rockstar at age 24.I imagined some nice guy next door, maybe a police man or lawyer. You know part of my huge family has maybe ties to the cartel and might need some legal advice. But hey, you can make people swoon and having hysterics on the spot while I can make my escape. There is also merit in THAT power of distraction.

SEAN

Glad, you are willing to put up with me. There's a reason why most artists are alone. It often gets hard. Especially when the fame dies down.

CAMILLE

You said we would make it work. I have faith in us. As long as we share our fears, we can find a solution together, as a team. Besides, making art is not about fame. Making art is what makes us happy and create what we believe in, even if it's just for ourselves. Fame is a nice addition to make our living, that's for sure. But even if I'd lose my fans and the fame and I'd be working a job at the diner, I wouldn't stop writing songs or sing. It makes me happy. Before you stepped up to perform on stage the first time, you used to do music regularly, too. You still do, I know you're always jamming, playing or writing something up even if it's not on your schedule. Your art is part of who you are, you can't just make it go away.

SEAN

(in awe)Sounds beautiful. You're beautiful.

CAMILLE

(jokes)

I guess I am. 

SEAN

Sassypants.

Wait a minute. I just got an idea. How about you ARE working at a diner in the music video? You'd be a waitress – preferable waiting on ME, he.

(she slaps him playfully)

And me, I'm just passing through Miami, having coffee at your diner?

CAMILLE

What would be your profession?

SEAN

Don't know. I could be a broke musician playing gigs for a living. But I'd own a motorcycle.

CAMILLE

You mean you'd have nothing to offer but a motorcycle ride and a hot one-night-stand in a motel? No fancy dinner or strings attached?

SEAN

Nope, none what so ever. I'm just passing through and you caught my eyes. (Teases) Of course my charm alone works for you.

CAMILLE

(teases back)

Wow, you're every Mom's dream guy for her daughter.

SEAN

Remember Dirty Dancing? It worked out, too!

CAMILLE

Yeah, I like to do something classic like the old romantic movies, but with a new twist.

SEAN

What kind of twist?

CAMILLE

Like it's just a summer fling and I drive off into the sunset.

SEAN

YOU can't, because you're a waitress in a diner. Since I'm the one with the motorcycle, it's gonna be ME driving off into the sunset.

CAMILLE

Well, at LEAST, I'll watch the sunset.

And in between, we have a fun night, we dance dirty and then we end up in a hotel room.

SEAN

Uhm, I'm all for the hotel part, but not so sure about the dancing part. I'm really no dancer. Can't I just strum out the guitar and you fall head over heels for me?

CAMILLE

(laughs)

I've got two amazing choreographer in my team who worked with me on my last video. Don't worry. They'll come up with something easy which you can do.

SEAN

(grumbles)

If it's unavoidable.