Take 15

CAMILLE

(nods)

SEAN

(kisses her passionately, it goes on, they devour, desire each other, they can't get enough)

(She breaks off first to catch her breath, holds him close)

(he looks imploring)

We need to be sure about what we ARE before we release this song otherwise we're never going to stand the scrutiny of the public.

CAMILLE

I-

SEAN

Just ... give it - give US a chance. Don't let the fear hold us back what can be the best thing that ever happens to us.

CAMILLE

I'll think about it.

SEAN

(kisses her gently) When you're ready, I'm waiting.

CUT TO:

EXT. TORONTO PEARSON INT. AIRPORT - EVENING

OVERVIEW Music. DIVE BY ED SHEERAN: Maybe I came on too strong, Maybe I waited too long, Maybe I played my cards wrong, Oh, just a little bit wrong, Baby I apologize for it ...

Camille boards plane, looking around, feeling lost. Doesn't listen to Grant talking.

CUT TO:

EXT. ISLAND RECORD STUDIO. ROOFTOP. TORONTO -- EVENING

Sean sits on the rooftop and watches the sunset. Contrails of planes are seen over his head. He plays guitar and covers Dive, letting all his feelings out.

SEAN

So don't call me baby, Unless you mean it, Don't tell me you need me, If you don't believe it, So let me know the truth, Before I dive right into you

MONTAGE of Camille and Sean over a few weeks with overview music.

CUT TO:

EXT. CAMILLE'S APARTMENT. MIAMI. -- DAY

Camille finds flowers by Matt at her doorstep. She gives them to a couple walking by, tearing his card apart. Ignores his calls.

CUT TO:

INT. ISLAND RECORDS STUDIO. TORONTO -- DAY

Sean is in a music session with his team. He doesn't hear a thing ZENO or ABRAHAM argue about. His mind is far away, plucking his guitar.

CUT TO:

INT. SEANS'S APARTMENT. TORONTO. -- NIGHT

Sean writing lyrics in his notebook, composing. Zoom onto his hand writing words:

WRITING

I'm in Toronto and I got this view, But I might as well be in a hotel room, yeah, It doesn't matter‚ cause I'm so consumed, Spending all my nights reading texts from you. 

He checks his phone, but there are no messages from her. 

CUT TO: INT. EPIC RECORD STUDIO. MIAMI. -- DAY

Camille stares at her phone, looking for a message from Sean. She works on the lyrics writing in her notebook, scratching out lines, tears out and crumples the page in frustration, because she can't improve the lyrics. GRANT bringing her coffee to cheer her up.

CUT TO:

INT. GYM. TORONTO. -- NIGHT

Sean works out (boxing) at 2:30 at the night, because of insomnia. His phone shows still no messages.

CUT TO:

EXT. CAMILLE'S APARTMENT. MIAMI -- EVENING

Camille hangs out with her friend, another female artist, who's in town to visit. They bake cookies. Later the artist friend plays a song from her upcoming album, a song called AFTERGLOW.

ARTIST FRIEND

Hey, it's all me, in my head I'm the one who burned us down, But it's not what I meant

Sorry that I hurt you, I don't wanna do, I don't wanna do this to you, I don't wanna lose, I don't wanna lose this with you, I need to say, hey, it's all me, just don't go, Meet me in the afterglow

As Camille listens, she tears up, because that song touches a nerve. The artist friend has to comfort her. 

CAMILLE

Sorry, I'm a mess.

ARTIST FRIEND

Is it a guy, sweetie?

CAMILLE

Yeah. I can't help falling for him - AGAIN.

ARTIST FRIEND

Why would that be bad? Why don't you just call him?

CAMILLE

Because we're close friends. I'm afraid. I don't know if we can make this work.

ARTIST FRIEND

You know my history. It's hard to date and keep doing music the way I do since I was 14. Music art is part of me. I'm sharing my art with the public, but my lover has to share me with my art AND the public. You've been there and held me when I cried over a break up and baked cookies with you. But there's one thing I learned from the past. Falling in love is always worth it, even if it doesn't last forever. I LOVED every moment of it. And I know, I'll embrace it with all my heart if there's any guy in my future who's willing to love me forever.

CAMILLE

You're like the sun, T. It takes a lot of courage to love you. Because loving you means getting burned.

ARTIST FRIEND

Gee, thanks for the encouragement. (sniffs) I smell something burning. Our cookies!

CAMILLE

See what I mean? (they both can't help but laugh)